Author Topic: Find Organization ID  (Read 4407 times)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
Find Organization ID
« on: May 30, 2019, 01:11:45 AM »
I went through the GLOBE Protocol eTraining for Atmosphere and it says I can now submit data to GLOBE. The site says I'm a member of "United States of America GLOBE v-School" but I can't find the School ID that Weatherlink.com requires for uploading data. Any help on locating the School ID?

Offline hazardc

Re: Find Organization ID
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 03:52:02 AM »
Go to your atmospheric site for the Davis station and look at the URL..    it's not the most intuitive way but it works
University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:55:11 AM »
Okay, cool. Still gotta actually create the site because it asks for objects within 14°, thermometer height in inches, slope, etc, stuff I won't be able to measure until I get off work in the morning. Glad there's a way to get the School ID though cuz the only documentation I can find about it says you have to go to a manage page I don't have access to.

Offline hazardc

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:59:59 AM »
You can edit those variables later.  I think 120cm is the "default" choice and the slope stuff isn't required to create the site if memory serves

Happen to have a wifilogger ?
University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline hazardc

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 04:03:54 AM »
Just an fyi wifilogger won't work with globe through weatherlink but we've been working on native support for a bit.  He's got the code really solid. 

I'm trying to get a bunch more GLOBE schools online with the wifiloggers.  Good reception so far but it's been a process working around schedules and GLOBE being a closed ecosystem for academics and "stem professionals.  "
University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 04:09:35 AM »
By wifilogger, do you mean the product actually called WiFiLogger, or just wifi based loggers in general? Cuz I use MB Nano SD. Was gonna try to automate email upload, and if that fails use the globe uploader from WeatherLink.com

Offline hazardc

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 05:58:54 AM »
The product.

If you get it working native with MB let me know, I'd love for that to be an option for some installs and have the process streamlined.
University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 01:11:38 AM »
The product.

If you get it working native with MB let me know, I'd love for that to be an option for some installs and have the process streamlined.

With a meteobridge and a Davis station, you can set up an email service to data@globe.gov. Set the time to every full 15 mins and the subject/body to:

Code: [Select]
DATA#//AA DAVAD ORG_ID:123456 SITE_ID:123456  [UYYYY][UMM][UDD][Uhh][Umm] [th0temp-avg15:X] [th0hum-avg15:X] [wind0avgwind-avg15:X] [wind0dir-avg15=endir:X] [wind0wind-max15:X] X X [rain0total-sumday:X] [rain0rate-max15:X] [thb0seapress-max15:X] //ZZ
I have successfully sent in 5 15 minute averages using this method: https://vis.globe.gov/GLOBE/?site_id=156855. The site must be set up as a Davis station prior to use. This may or may not work with other GLOBE supported stations. I only have a VP2, so can't test with others.

Offline hazardc

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 01:13:25 AM »
Yes, if should work with anything that uses GLOBE email protocols
University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline hazardc

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 03:40:46 PM »
Just wanted to come back here and say THANK YOU!!!

Now, can we make it take all those 15-minute readings and aggregate them into a single  one-per-day email?  This would work with a vue as well, and if we can get other stations to export the data into GLOBE format the same way DAVIS does, it would be easier than writing a new automated station protocol.  (for time being, everything is "Davis" as far as email export setup is concerned. The Davis email formatting will work with data from any station)

Cross the easiest bridge right now, we can worry about getting it right server-side later. I'm trying to get as many schools online as possible.  GLOBE conference is only a few weeks away in Detroit.

The product.

With a meteobridge and a Davis station, you can set up an email service to data@globe.gov. Set the time to every full 15 mins and the subject/body to:

DATA#//AA DAVAD ORG_ID:123456 SITE_ID:123456  [UYYYY][UMM][UDD][Uhh][Umm] [th0temp-avg15:X] [th0hum-avg15:X] [wind0avgwind-avg15:X] [wind0dir-avg15=endir:X] [wind0wind-max15:X] X X [rain0total-sumday:X] [rain0rate-max15:X] [thb0seapress-max15:X] //ZZ
I have successfully sent in 5 15 minute averages using this method: https://vis.globe.gov/GLOBE/?site_id=156855. The site must be set up as a Davis station prior to use. This may or may not work with other GLOBE supported stations. I only have a VP2, so can't test with others.

University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 03:48:32 PM »
The product.

I wouldnt trust this on the Nano SD as it kept locking up my nano.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb