Author Topic: Ambient weather and google assistant broken?  (Read 407 times)

Offline joe vallino

Ambient weather and google assistant broken?
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:46:03 AM »
Hi All,

Yesterday (12 May), google assistant stopped working with Ambient Weather. If i say to a google home device "ask ambient weather" it replies "sorry, ambient weather in no longer available". (it had been working fine the last 6 months.) I don't think this is on my end, because if you goto https://assistant.google.com/explore and search for "ambient weather", it is not there. As I understand it, that site is where apps/skill developed by third parties to interface with GA, such as ambient weather, reside. If this is true, then google home/assistant shouldn't be working for anyone asking google assistant to report the weather from Ambient Weather devices. 

I've relayed this info to support at AW, but so far they have just replied with canned responses. Anyone else having issues with google assistant and AW?

cheers,
-joe

Offline joe vallino

Re: Ambient weather and google assistant broken?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
AW replied yesterday (13 May):
"Hello, thank you for contacting us at ambient weather.  We have our dev team looking into this issue. From what we can tell the routine was removed from google assistant and we want to see why it was removed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention."

so, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

-joe

Offline joe vallino

Re: Ambient weather and google assistant broken?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 05:11:24 PM »
FYI, Ambient Weather via Google Assistant is back online. Message from support (17-May):

"Hello,
We have been informed that the google action issue has been resolved please test and advise back of your status.
Please contact us with any further questions."

anything