Author Topic: Confused what to buy. Want inbuilt webserver hackable  (Read 836 times)

Offline lentildude

Confused what to buy. Want inbuilt webserver hackable
« on: April 25, 2021, 11:13:46 PM »
Hi with so many variations, models/clones, and mods by people, am confused what to buy. Here is my criteria

Solar (sensors run from battery)  Receiver on  mains power next to my internet router indoors.
want  the usual sensors windspeed etc but include UVA/B 
(I noticed PM2.5 sensors selling for Misol units - that would be a plus)

Important, though Weather Underground is a great service, prefer to have my own webserver serve the data direct  to a webpage.
So a hacked linux based unit with a customised web view/template ideal.

Would love to interface some of the new arduino type sensors for C02, carbon monoxide and other air pollution sensors.

A geiger counter counting background radiation another plus.

Is the above a tall order for the off the shelf weather stations? Do I need to learn to use a Raspberry Pi and program/build from scratch??   If so Can anyone recommend a recent circuit/web based project??

thanks

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
Re: Confused what to buy. Want inbuilt webserver hackable
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 12:13:11 PM »
Not a tall order at all....

You can get all of that from Ecowitt (The Misol branded unit you mentioned is just a 3rd party branded Ecowitt/Fine Offset sensor)
Check out the Ecowitt website at www.ecowitt.com and also the Ambient/Ecowitt forum on this site

You can get a HP2551 console or go headless with a GW1000 and any combination of sensors to your hearts desire!
These both can upload to the usual internet weather sites including Ecowitt own excellent Internet service. As a bonus you can also send to a custom server location which would suite if you have a linux database running somewhere.

If thats challenging then yes you can go the RaspPi route (many free weather software database solutions exist) and some of these offer a full Pi/Software image so there would be a minimum of understanding needed (CumulusMX etc).
Plenty of help available on these forums if you dont understand or want more pointers!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture