Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

Ethernet Logger

<< < (2/7) > >>

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: mcrossley on April 30, 2021, 09:42:47 AM ---Maybe, but if I bought one of these I would probably clip or Velcro the unit to the back of the console, then the twist would not matter (or could be beneficial, I'd have to think about it).

--- End quote ---

There is also another idea. Bottom plate of the cover can be little longer like 1/2 inch from each side. On the ends there can be holes for wall mounting.
With wall mount option twisted cable can be not helping.

I have a photo of bad wider (not longer) version. Please check:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

dupreezd:
I like the one with the solid top.
Solid top, with maybe the extended bottom one for mounting?

Dries

WiFiLogger:

--- Quote from: dupreezd on April 30, 2021, 12:19:55 PM ---I like the one with the solid top.
Solid top, with maybe the extended bottom one for mounting?

Dries

--- End quote ---

This is old wide version. I would like to make bottom board longer with also holes for srews for wall mounting.
Longer veraion will be better looking.
2 screws will be far enought.

davidmc36:
If I wanted to put it in a box I think leaving the RJ11 connector flush with PCB would allow a cover without slots to slip over the RJ45, protruding through the box, and the RJ11 remains just below surface of printed box with precision sized and placed hole for wire connector.

I think the RJ11 need not be flipped over. Go for the Solid Top and one could mount it with velcro or two sided tape using whichever orientation suits the chosen position. Include the 15-20 inch cable and some like me with all the connectors and crimp gear will make custom lengths for anything that is more unique than that length will accommodate. 15-20 is good for most I bet.

I would prefer nothing extended on the bottom board. But I have the printer to make any solid mounting device I want.

(Maybe I should whip up a box that will attach to the kickstand and proffer for sale Tee Hee Hee)

If you did extend bottom board, longer would be best I think. Stays in line with Station and Network wires and keeps it narrow.

kg4ooz:
I like the idea of the longer cable between the logger and the console.  Then the orientation of the RJ11 wouldn't be a concern.  I also think that the cover with the jack protruding thru the top makes it seem like a much smaller package and would prefer that.  It seems like it could still be easily mounted even with the smaller cover plate by using the base plate as a mounting area from adhesive of some sort.  Or even go with the wider base and the top plate with the jack protruding.  Just my opinion on it.

I personally can't wait for these to become available.   I am limping my PC along long enough to get a ethernet logger for my station.  I will most likely run cumulus on a raspberry pi also with it.  I am unsure about the weatherlink live just yet.  Thank you for developing a product like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version