General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Other Weather Topics

Home radon level tied to weather conditions?

(1/1)

alanb:
I am wondering if any of you weather experts have tracked radon levels to weather conditions. I have a Airthings Corentium Radon monitor that gives 1 day, 7 day and long term radon measures. I have been monitoring radon in my basement with this instrument about 15 months. My radon level typically runs in the 1.5 to 2.0 pCi/L range, but I noticed last fall during drought conditions my 1 day and 7 day readings fell way low ... sometimes getting down below 0.2 pCi/L. With the ground freezing this winter and heavy snow cover we have had in Iowa since late December, these short term readings have gone up to the 2.0 to 2.5 pCi/L range. These are just anecdotal observations, but I was wondering if any of you weather enthusiasts have done more scientific tracking of radon and weather conditions.

Incidentally, I don't have a weather station ... have been thinking about getting one and I have followed this forum for 3 or 4 years. I do have a radon mitigation system in my home. Before converting my radon system from passive to active (by adding the suction fan), I was getting short term 3.5 to 5.0 pCi/L readings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version