Author Topic: Weather Underground discrepancies  (Read 659 times)

Offline NHSA

Weather Underground discrepancies
« on: May 14, 2021, 02:32:22 PM »
Hi,

Newbie here, just registered and got two days ago a AcuRite Atlas Weather Station with AcuRite Access device.

My dashboard is correctly reporting the adjusted pressure for my height over sea level 1950 meters ~ 1016 hPa but Weather Underground reports the station pressure without adjustment ~ 813 hPa.

Why ?

Thanks for any tips

regards Rainer

Offline NHSA

Re: Weather Underground discrepancies
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for moving my message. Did not see this dedicated forum for Weather Underground.

Sorry and regards Rainer

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
Did you set your elevation in your WU setup?

Offline NHSA

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »
Did you set your elevation in your WU setup?

Hi,

Yes. It is set up to 6403 feet which is the same I have in the settings of my AcuRite Device settings 1951.7 meters. That is what the dashboard of AcuRite gaver me for my coordinates ~ N 22.146 and W 101.038.

Rainer

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 03:34:21 PM »
The only difference I'm seeing is I have my Access set up for adjusted pressure.

Offline NHSA

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 03:59:01 PM »
The only difference I'm seeing is I have my Access set up for adjusted pressure.

Hi Jim,

Thanks and yes. When I use that adjustment everything is OK, except the pressure compared to other Weather stations is higher. While the other stations report aroun 1017 hPa my station reports ~ 1029 hPa. On the other side I looked at the weather station report of my local Airport and that one reports around ~ 1027 so more similar to mine.

The question here is what is correct ?    :shock:

I guess I will set it back to Adjusted pressure. I think it is a Weather Underground problem ¿?

Thanks Rainer

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 06:58:40 PM »
I'd be more inclined to trust the local airport rather than the nearby stations. Does your My Acurite and WU readings match?  I'd also double check your elevation a small error there can throw things off.

Offline NHSA

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 09:22:39 PM »
I'd be more inclined to trust the local airport rather than the nearby stations. Does your My Acurite and WU readings match?  I'd also double check your elevation a small error there can throw things off.

Hi Jim,

I went back to adjusted pressure and now AcuRite Dashboard and Weather Underground match with the Airport weather. The Airport is 10 miles away in straight line.

Thanks and regards Rainer

anything