Author Topic: There is no associated webcam with this station  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Hikerdave

There is no associated webcam with this station
« on: January 28, 2021, 01:53:17 PM »
Set up my new Foscam G4 camera on www.wunderground.com, under my devices the cam has a green "connected" indicator and if I click on the cam on the webpage I see a picture of what it is looking at (have not actually installed it on the roof yet, waiting until I know everything works), but when I go to my public-facing wunderground site it says "There is no associated webcam with this station". When I set it up it is associated with my weather Station ID.

Any thoughts?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCASANDI5153
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: There is no associated webcam with this station
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 02:04:47 PM »
It may be restricted from public view until it displays an outside or acceptable image.
Also may be a start6up delay, so be patient.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Hikerdave

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
Moved the camera outside yesterday just after your reply, but still no luck. Any other ideas? Just wait more?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »
Is your image within the size limit?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Hikerdave

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:09:51 PM »
Thank you for the continued help.

I do not know and I do not see a way to change the image size other than maybe "Manual snap quality". These are the setting I currently have that might affect the images. Any suggestions?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 03:24:33 PM »
Sorry I can't help with the camera settings.  And others may be more familiar, but my recollection for WU is maximum size150 kb and the file name image.jpg.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 08:09:37 PM »
Assuming you have an SD card installed in the camera set it to save to that and then check (1) the image size in kb and (2) the name it assigns to the file.  As 'PaulMy' noted, these have to be 150 kb or smaller and named "image.jpg".  You can probably reduce the filesize by setting the camera to "low" quality if it is too large.

Also, what is set in "FTP"?

Offline jimi

• Contributor
    • Well Road Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 09:29:36 PM »
Have you checked that your camera is associated with your station ? On the Manage Devices page select edit your PWS and use the Associate Webcam dropdown menu to select your webcam
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Offline Hikerdave

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 11:08:53 PM »
“ Have you checked that your camera is associated with your station ?”

I think this was the issue. Crazy how many times it is the simplest thing. Thank you.

Offline Hikerdave

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 12:33:18 PM »
Well, I was able to associate my camera to the station, but still could not get it to show anything. I took WSWeather advice and put in an SD card and found that the image name was called "scheduled...", the size I think was okay as it was only 84k. I do not see any way to change the image name with the included software from Foscam, so I am sending it back.

New question, a camera recommendation. What is a camera that works with Wunderground that does not cost too much (under $100 or maybe even something less than $75)?

Thank you for the help.

Offline liderbug

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 01:30:27 PM »
This thread is the closest I can find.  So in Jan my webcam started doing the endless circle. 
RaspberryPi, motion. KCOBLACK1

On and off I've been trying to figure out what the problem is and today I reset the password in netrc to the UploadKey and I can watch the ftp work without error.  Still no image.  On the Member Devices page, I have the CamType set to RaspberryPi but when I try to Associated PWS: the only option is "None".  "Select PWS" is grayed out. 
<frustrated>

Offline liderbug

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 11:08:14 PM »
You want a camera that works with Wunderground.  Raspberry Pi.  Total package will be around $60-70.  Pi, sd card, cam.  SW, run Motion.  Then after you get your RasPi up and running and sending images to WU you can tell the RasPi to run a weather station, be an email server, in house web server, database and and and

Offline SCADAMON

• Amberwood PWS Sticker
    • Amberwood Weather
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 01:44:34 PM »
Make sure the camera is also associated in your PWS profile...

Offline liderbug

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »
DriveCam   Colorado Springs (Black Forest), CO Online    liderbugCAM6
ftp.log: 74786 bytes sent - via a 3 min cron job.  A manual send shows everything working.
I've asked WU to restore my orig PWS - their response [              ]

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCOCOLOR1802 - webcam is blank.
If I click on the [>] I get a forever spinning color wheel. 
This all started in Jan when my PWS  KCOBLACK1  (notice the "1") had no webcam, in trying to get it to work BLACK1 went away and and 1800 showed up then 1801 then 1802.  1802 has PWS data but no webcam.  Does WU have to approve the cam?

Offline joe vallino

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 08:48:59 AM »
I see yours is working now, but I currently have the exact same problem. After linking the PWS to the camera (as mentioned above), I now just get a blank square and when you click on it, it just goes to the colored circle limbo. Without the link from the PWS setup, I can at least go to my device an see the images. Did the problem just go away for you, and was there a fixed needed? Thanks.

Offline liderbug

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 09:11:44 AM »
I think it is working because I kept sending tickets in.

anything