Author Topic: Atlas longevity  (Read 914 times)

Offline thomas

• Contributor
Atlas longevity
« on: July 23, 2021, 07:13:19 PM »
I have an Atlas that is 3 years old.  The sensors no longer transmit to my inside receivers.  Not sure if it is worth replacing the unit and would like to hear from some people with older units as to how they are working.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Atlas longevity
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »
I bought my Atlas the first week it was released from Amazon (2 yrs., 10 months ago) and it’s been working fine. I've been happy with its performance. On the other hand, I’ve been thru three HD displays that were replaced by AcuRite under warranty that froze up and stopped working.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 08:40:30 AM »
The outside sensor seems to be fine. I would like to be able to service the fan motor, but haven't tried yet. I am starting to get false lightning out of the sensor, so I'm thinking the fan is noisy due to age. I lost one HD display. The batteries seem to last about 8 to 9 months typically. I would like to be able to use the myacurite to send data places besides WUnderground, that is my main issue with the system.

Offline jjh92

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 06:55:21 AM »
My anemometer bearings needed cleaning after 3-years.  Works fine after the cleaning.

Offline aspexin91

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »
Put up ours in 2019 and it has been running fine since. We recently relocated to Central Illinois. But no issues. The lightning detector is working just fine for us.

Offline jjh92

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 07:37:23 AM »
Watch ebay for a replacement.  I picked up a open box new Atlas for $50.