Author Topic: ACCESS dead?  (Read 3893 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: ACCESS dead?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 08:17:33 AM »
I hate the Access.

Offline jteloh

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »
My access died in a new and novel way. It fails to get an IP address via DHCP. It had been slowly dyeing   over the last couple of months by dropping services. I tried all the normal, moving to router, changing port and cable  . Now it shows a solid blue light with no IP address. Yes I have a good network scanner. The front light lies!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 10:55:44 AM »
My access died in a new and novel way. It fails to get an IP address via DHCP. It had been slowly dyeing   over the last couple of months by dropping services. I tried all the normal, moving to router, changing port and cable  . Now it shows a solid blue light with no IP address. Yes I have a good network scanner. The front light lies!
Have you tried unplugging the power and removing the batteries from the Access for 10 seconds? That usually resets mine.

Another thing you can try is to hit the reset button on the Access’s splash screen that you can access by typing the IP address of your Access into a browser. (ex. http://192.168.1.243/)

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline jteloh

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 10:57:58 AM »
Yah I tried all that

Offline jteloh

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2021, 09:47:21 AM »
My access died in a new and novel way. It fails to get an IP address via DHCP. It had been slowly dyeing   over the last couple of months by dropping services. I tried all the normal, moving to router, changing port and cable  . Now it shows a solid blue light with no IP address. Yes I have a good network scanner.

Actually it more interesting. It used to work on my dlink bridge. Got an address just fine. Then it stopped working through the bridge. I moved it to my old brain dead buggy router which did give it an address but with a MAC address of 2F:d0:00:00:00:00 which not
Acurite. Even if it was a legal MAC, they would not recognize it at myacurite. Do not know which manufacturer 2F:DO:00 is.

Deep sigh...

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2021, 10:43:16 AM »
Have you tried setting up an static IP address in your router for the Access. The Access's MAC address is listed as device ID on the bottom of the device.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline jteloh

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2021, 10:50:29 AM »
Have you tried setting up an static IP address in your router for the Access. The Access's MAC address is listed as device ID on the bottom of the device.

You can not change the MAC address. The IP address is only local. Yes the MAC address does not match the address on the bottom which was the original MAC address. I confirmed this by bringing up the access Config page via port 80. I have been in Software and networking for a long time so I am no newbie.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2021, 11:08:21 AM »
We're miss communicating. You use the MAC address of the Access and give it an IP address in the router. Google "How to set static IP address in a router".

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

anything