Author Topic: Weather Station not shown on map  (Read 813 times)

Offline Dave Walker

Weather Station not shown on map
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:08:26 PM »
I understand that it takes a day or two for a new weather station to be shown on the WunderMap.
Our station has been reporting to WU since 26 Feb 2021 and still does not show on the map.
It has been reporting a Gold Star for Quality for at least the last two weeks as well.
Is there anything I need to do for this to rectified?

Offline Dave Walker

Re: Weather Station not shown on map
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 02:20:27 PM »
This is the link to the station data:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IJOHAN114

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 04:16:24 PM »
Looking at your station it's only updating ever 5+ minutes . Is this the way it's suppose to be? Maybe that's the problem ?

Offline Dave Walker

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 02:08:51 AM »
Looking at your station it's only updating ever 5+ minutes . Is this the way it's suppose to be? Maybe that's the problem ?
No, that's not the case.
It's a Davis WS and uses Weatherlink which has a default of 15 minute updates.
To increase the rate to every 5 minutes, one needs to subscribe, which I have done.
There are a number of Davis Weatherlink stations within a few hundred km of me and which are shown on the map.

In addition, my daughter and son-in-law in Australia also have a weather station (not Davis) which reports every 5 minutes and theirs is shown on the map.
Apart from registering and reporting to WU, they did not do anything to make it appear on the map.

So I am a bit stumped!

Offline lantana

• Kilcunda PWS
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 06:25:14 AM »
Have you zoomed right in? WU shows another local station for me by default, but if I zoom right in mine shows up. The other station has been showing no wind data for many months, but it  still shows by default.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 08:06:03 AM »
No, it's not normal. It circles where the station should be but doesn't show.  When you click on WU map and expand it shows nothing. Try sending an email to them.
Randy

Offline Dave Walker

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 10:46:04 AM »
Have you zoomed right in? WU shows another local station for me by default, but if I zoom right in mine shows up. The other station has been showing no wind data for many months, but it  still shows by default.
Yes there is a David Vantage Pro station fairly close to ours, called Allen's Nek.
It is a number of years old already and has been having connectivity problems of late, probably due to our unreliable electricity supply.
I also note on the WeatherLink site that their wind direction vane seems to be stuck pointing North.

Offline Dave Walker

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 10:46:33 AM »
No, it's not normal. It circles where the station should be but doesn't show.  When you click on WU map and expand it shows nothing. Try sending an email to them.
Thank you.
I will try e-mailing them.

anything