Author Topic: ConsoleWD 64-bit Pi4 (32-bit OS) & Saratoga Template Integration  (Read 2297 times)

Offline tlambert

I've been successful generating the testtags.php from the most current version of consolewd for Raspberry Pi 3/4 64-bit.   However, I've stumbled upon a few data issues, which I'm seeking guidance:

1. Date Format (http://tslllc.com/korsherw28/consolewd/mainconsole/wxindex.php):   

testtags.php is reflecting $date in the format of d/M/Y, but my users would like M/d/Y.   I tried to alter the sitewide date format in the settings.php of Saratoga Templates, without success.

2. Current Conditions Graphic/Image (http://tslllc.com/korsherw28/consolewd/mainconsole/wxindex.php):

The graphic/image is always showing clear & sunny.   I believe a local METAR is needed to drive am accurate current condition graphic/image.

3.  The infamous Sun/Moon Almanac (http://tslllc.com/korsherw28/consolewd/mainconsole/wxastronomy.php):

Moon Data - Times appear correct as far as I can tell, but the associated date is definitely wrong.

First Quarter -- the date and time are definitely incorrect

Last Quarter -- the date and time are definitely incorrect

4. Graphs:  Any suggestions as to how to process the data captured by consoleWD to generate graphs, knowing consoleWD is not purposed for generating graphs.  Noting, Brian is working to sort a solution for consoleWD to write to MySQL, which could be a driver for generating graphs/

Any guidance to address these points is greatly appreciated.   

Thanks in Advance!

- Tim

Offline KayGee

• Garrymore Weather Station
Re: ConsoleWD 64-bit Pi4 (32-bit OS) & Saratoga Template Integration
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 05:42:42 PM »
Hi Tim,
Did you ever get the current conditions icon and descriptions sorted (item 2 in your post)?
I too am trying to integrate consoleWD and the saratoga template, which I have done mostly but the aforementioned cuurent conditions and icons are giving me a headache.
I have set the config.txt to get the conditions from my local Metar (Shannon Intl Airport) but the descriptions are a little crazy as in the following example "few clouds broken clouds clear" with a sun icon at 10:30pm (ajaxconditionicon2). Could you show your (redacted) config.txt for comparison please. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the saratoga template, more the data coming from consoleWD
Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Keith

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »
I would be posting this on the weather watch forum where the author responds to posts

Offline KayGee

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30:45 AM »
Thanks, I'll do that...

Offline tlambert

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:59:50 PM »
Hi Tim,
Did you ever get the current conditions icon and descriptions sorted (item 2 in your post)?
I too am trying to integrate consoleWD and the saratoga template, which I have done mostly but the aforementioned cuurent conditions and icons are giving me a headache.
I have set the config.txt to get the conditions from my local Metar (Shannon Intl Airport) but the descriptions are a little crazy as in the following example "few clouds broken clouds clear" with a sun icon at 10:30pm (ajaxconditionicon2). Could you show your (redacted) config.txt for comparison please. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the saratoga template, more the data coming from consoleWD
Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I haven't sorted a resolution...

What I have found is the data from the Metar doesn't always map to Saratoga - noting the latest version of consoleWD is capable of pulling local Metar data, which is where I believe the 'translation' problem resides.

-- Tim

Offline KayGee

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 05:24:42 AM »
Hi Tim,
I have added in the pulling of the data from my local Metar (EIDW, Dublin Airport) but the descriptions are a bit wierd to say the least.
Ah well, we will just have to live with it for now.
Thanks for your reply,

Best regards,

Keith