Author Topic: Reporting to CWOP, findu but station not found on NWS or Mesowest  (Read 1850 times)

Offline AnthonyB

Hi All, 

I am relatively new at this, so I ask for your patience in advance!

I’ve recently got my weather station reporting properly to CWOP. I had originally registered and then sent a follow up email once my data was showing on findu. About a week and a half ago, I received a confirmation email, and after that, I now had a MADIS ID.

Whenever I search my station on NWS or Mesowest, it shows that my station does not exist. Is there another step I need to do to connect with them? I read that it takes a couple of days but I am well over a week at this point. Is patience my enemy here or do I need to do something else?

My CWOP station ID is FW7515 and F7515 on the others (or I believe it should be)

Thanks so much

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Reporting to CWOP, findu but station not found on NWS or Mesowest
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:01:57 AM »
From when you receive that final confirmation it takes until the following Wednesday to show up on MADIS and MesoWest. I'd say wait until next Wednesday and then see how it goes. It could also be that this Covid-19 is delaying registrations. When the government shut down due to not passing the budget there was a big delay in registrations (like a month). Maybe this Covid-19 is affecting registrations in a similar way.

Work this list backwards and see which stations show up on MADIS and MesoWest.
http://wxqa.com/members.txt

See how far back their data goes. This will show you if it is just a problem with your registration or if there is a big queue of unregistered stations.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:45:07 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline AnthonyB

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »
Excellent, thank you so much. I’ll check that data out and report back here shortly. Appreciate it!

Offline ajay

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 07:02:47 AM »
I realize this is an old topic but wanted to add my two cents. I am also waiting for my station to report. I have checked and it has been assigned an NWS ID. Today marks the second Wednesday I have been waiting to see my station on MADIS and still no luck. I guess I'll patiently keep waiting. I'd be curious to know what the "normal" wait time is nowadays for MADIS to report new stations.

Offline AnthonyB

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 07:18:31 AM »
Hi there. I don’t remember the exact time frame, but it definitely took a bit for it to show up, I would say at least two weeks. The advice above about checking the list of station IDs was helpful, as I could see they just weren’t up to mine yet.

Offline ajay

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 08:24:43 AM »
Yes, I checked the list and it does show my NWS ID but I still don't see it plotted on MADIS nor does it seem to find my ID. I'll keep waiting... Thanks!

Offline ajay

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 02:37:37 PM »
Final follow up, my station just appeared on MADIS today (Wednesday afternoon). It appears to take a couple of weeks from the time the station begins reporting to CWOP before it is added to the NWS. I guess I didn't make last Wednesday's cut-off. All is good!

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 03:32:06 AM »
I guess that is why I do not see my station reappearing after a 4 day internet outage then a few 12 to24 hour outages. CWOP picks up no problem but the others downstream have had too many interruptions to remain stable and active. CWOP  page actually says I had 14 days of the last 28 where no data was reported for some amount of time.

Offline Tln7559

• Slangenbeek
    • Weather&PV Hengelo_Slangenbeek
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 04:23:26 PM »
Possibly you hit another requirement apparently linked to the hinterland of findu.
Application done for my CWOP-identity => identity EW0725, followed by start of upload to CWOP, but due some other priorities was not able to complete registration for some time, for which you need to send an email to cwop-support@noaa.gov confirming that your site is located correctly on the findu.com map
When trying at later date, got the message that I had overrun their 90 day time-out for confirmation of registration, and that new registration required.
Nowhere mentioned that a 90 day time-out is applicable, but no flexibility .......

Result: upload to CWOP is running, but no transfer to their hinterland and not visible in station-listing, unless you know some trics.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 08:20:29 AM by Tln7559 »
Sensors: TFA_Nexus + LaCrosse_WS7000 + Tempest + Ecowitt + DIY
Software: WsWin + WeeWX + Domoticz + GW1000 + Meteobridge

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 05:05:13 PM »
Gives me an idea.

The marker on map is just a wee bit off actually. I will move it to the back yard like it should be and send the report for new location. See if that trips any switches.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 12:00:09 AM »
Just as I was about to do just that.....checked in and APRS and Mesowest are published now.

I submitted the marker move anyway since it needed updating upon my ISS repositioning.

D

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2022, 12:52:37 AM »
Now I just need to get in touch with someone at AWEKAS and find out why the Solar and UV are not showing up.

anything