Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 86766 times)

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #700 on: November 23, 2020, 10:58:30 AM »
Oh Yeah, lots of templates available.

Just to test making folders on my web site I threw both of them up for now. The basic CU is pretty plain lol.

http://www.morewoodweather.ca/CumulusMX/index.htm

But the 34 is nice with my primary station rolling \:D/

http://www.morewoodweather.ca/Aurora/index.php

Getting some sort of Data flowing was the big hurdle.  ](*,) Really grateful for all the help that is around from enthusiasts.

So now I need to make a nice landing page with links to both stations.  [tup]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #701 on: November 23, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »

@Brian I keep reading/following about your template progress and life situation... and I still have my earlier Cumulus PWS versions...  My, how fast the past 5 years have gone by!

@David to each their own on what they like and I have listed some under Links tab here http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #702 on: November 23, 2020, 01:10:06 PM »
I like that template.

Just may try the Saratoga for a challenge too.  :shock:

Offline gszlag

• Forecaster
  • ..have you calibrated your barometer today?
    • Michael's Bay - Manitoulin Island weather
« Reply #703 on: November 23, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »
Oh Yeah, lots of templates available.

Just to test making folders on my web site I threw both of them up for now. The basic CU is pretty plain lol.

http://www.morewoodweather.ca/CumulusMX/index.htm

But the 34 is nice with my primary station rolling \:D/

http://www.morewoodweather.ca/Aurora/index.php

Getting some sort of Data flowing was the big hurdle.  ](*,) Really grateful for all the help that is around from enthusiasts.

So now I need to make a nice landing page with links to both stations.  [tup]

Congrats on the live, real time web site(s) ! Nice to see a web site display weather data just about as fast as your pws sends it.
Ambient Weather WS-2000
Ecowitt GW1000/GW1100
Ecowitt WS68: Anemometer, UV/solar
Ecowitt WH40: Rain gauge
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning sensor
Ecowitt WH32E: Outside T & H sensor
Stratus Rain Gauge (manual)
Raspberry Pi 3B+ (WeeWX/CumulusMX)
Raspberry Pi Zero 2W (WeeWX/MQTT/Belchertown)
---
http://weather.glenns.ca (pwsdashboard - live)
http://weewx.glenns.ca
http://glenns.ca/cumulusmx2/index.htm
---
Uploading to: AWN, ecowitt.net, Weather Underground, PWSweather.com, AWEKAS, Windy.com, WOW

Offline ayocam

« Reply #704 on: July 23, 2021, 10:44:22 AM »
I'm scared to even say this but I've racked my brain for hours, have setup a tplink meteobridge and an RPI and I can't figure out how to setup the HWS and get the weather34 template going.  It's making me feel dumb and like a poor tech.  Can someone give me some pointers or direction please?

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2021, 10:24:27 PM »
Did you ever get it running?  I too was a little befuddled =p, but it really was fairly simple once I figured out the password was just enter on http://<your_url>/console-setup.php to get started. 

Offline Julius

« Reply #706 on: September 23, 2021, 04:10:29 PM »
I'm scared to even say this but I've racked my brain for hours, have setup a tplink meteobridge and an RPI and I can't figure out how to setup the HWS and get the weather34 template going.  It's making me feel dumb and like a poor tech.  Can someone give me some pointers or direction please?
I switched over to using PWSdashboard as it is almost the same (uses meteobridge realtime.txt output) and supports way more IO, and is updated more often.

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
I must have missed something, but has Weather34 Aurora MKII only for Davis products now?  I updated and started getting a "not compatible" alert. 

Offline Julius

« Reply #708 on: October 03, 2021, 11:26:44 AM »
I must have missed something, but has Weather34 Aurora MKII only for Davis products now?  I updated and started getting a "not compatible" alert.
Exactly. A really bad idea, I think. People will flee to others, even if they own Davis stuff, because it also means you're limited with extra sensors etc.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »
Exactly. A really bad idea, I think. People will flee to others, even if they own Davis stuff, because it also means you're limited with extra sensors etc.

as per post on meteobridge forum

All

Please read !!

Due to the rather inept email I recieved yesterday as of Monday the master download and update files will only be compatible with Davis Vantage hardware that meaning Davis Vantage Pro2(+),Vantage Vue,Envoy .

All other brands like Ecowitt(Fine Offset likes),Weatherflow,Oregon will see a permanent NAG SCREEN advising your weather station hardware is not compatible . The template will still recognize other brands where used as a second station, third station for picking up extra sensors like purple air,airlink,weatherflow lightning,ecowitt lightning ,luftdaten but only when used as an additional sensor will these brands work. The brands will not work or be recognized if they are the main station sensor. Im sorry I really am but Ive said many times, reiterated many times I am not the guy to develop for the vast array of sensors particularly Ecowitt types but Im not going to go over old ground time and time again so If you own a Davis Vantage type hardware then your in safe hands, if not please look elsewhere around the various weather forums there are many solutions to meet your requirements .

so there we are Im sorry but inept emails are not the way to get me to adapt the template to anything other than Davis Vantage hardware .I love to collaborate constructively always appreciate ideas or solutions that are brought to the table but inept emails your wasting time it just deters progress .(ideas/solutions/bugs are constantly acknowledge weekly in change logs on download page , I believe in acknowledging input and efforts made by others ) .

for your information brian underdown aka weather34 gave the foundation of the template PWSWD to wim to support weather display a few years ago . as above im truly sorry but without constructive input from ecowitt or alike owners then im not the person to move forward with or meet those needs.

weather34 isn’t interested in popularity or whats better than the other , as far im concerned the more choice of templates the community has the better because what matters most is the end user aka weather station owner has something to use and meet there needs. dont forget 99% of templates are provided free without any obligations to use .

if the day ever comes when ecowitt or alike hardware owners bring something constructive, feasible to the table then im all ears and open to collaborate..until then ill stick to Davis hardware only has that is what i own

ps im fully aware of the hack in circulation of how to remove nag screen , its a smaller community than many think but if i was arrogant enough i could it make more inconvenient. if you need the nag removed contact me , be amicable and ill provide the info fire off at me in inept emails and going on how ecowitt is better than davis and so on falls on deaf ears..

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #710 on: October 03, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »
hey, sorry you are going through all that.  You do not owe anyone anything or any explanation. I was just curious if I missed something, I obviously did!. 

I love the template and do not have a Davis, to bypass the nag, I just set the hard set the variable to a positive station.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #711 on: October 04, 2021, 01:42:10 AM »
Sorry guys, but those of you who have watched the progress of the Weather34 template must agree with me, that this is absolutely hilarious. The number of times his template was taken down completely, in one way or another limited to some users and some functionality, the number of times this guy complained about something, verbally attacked somebody, felt sorry for himself... always with just one simple goal - to grab attention like little kids do in this way.

Not to mention the insults and arrogance he showed in his emails towards me and many other template and weather-related software developers... We all know...

Brian I am amazed you still need this after five years... You can't teach an old dog new tricks so I guess you will just stay this way...

That said, it really is a pity, because his skills in terms of web development are great, just like his template and all this fuss he makes around it ruins it completely. Who would want a template, no matter how good, that can just stop working any day because the developer just had a bad day? I receive about 20-30 emails every day regarding my template (yes, the development of it is now very slow, but it is not dead and just support of meteotemplate takes about 45mins / day) and yes many of those emails are also insulting despite the fact you provide something to the community, but if I felt bad after any of those emails or stopped working on the template, I would probably have gone crazy a long time ago and the template would be a dead project after a few days (it has been around for 6.5 yrs now, believe it or not).

Take it easy...

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #712 on: October 04, 2021, 03:20:37 AM »
Oh here we go the eastern block troll has appeared

Jachym provocative again im gonna get banned but thats how it works here you post the personal stuff i respond and I get hammered for it . what has this that you've posted got todo with this template please tell me in plain english i really want to see it  ,what does it contribute .your just provoking and keep going over same old shite year in year and if the admins of this forum cant see that this then Im just bewildered ..

awaits to be banned because I responded thats how it works here..

you dont get it you want popularity I dont , I dont do this for ego status , nor do I self acclaim myself as a web developer I just enjoy web design Im not a web developer two different things, my knowledge in web development is 50/50 im a certified Microsoft ASP developer , i understand the basics of PHP, know a enough about javascript to get by but not enough to claim a title of developer , but i wouldnt assign myself the title of developer to my hobby of web design.In regard ecowitt stuff I dont own any and have no idea how to actually design for it without creating a mess , so as above clearly says Im not the guy to design for ecowitt or alike .

which bit is hard to digest or is this seen as offensive "Im not the guy to design for Ecowitt or alike"

"if not please look elsewhere around the various weather forums there are many solutions to meet your requirements ."

what this means is Im not interested going beyond my capabilities , is that not clear enough or are you reading something else into it .

Simply I respond to you in the manner you write/wrote to me it works both ways just you like to wash your dirty laundry out in public and gain the sympathy vote , you should just forget about what I do and others do and focus on your own work .If you feel bad then thats your problem not mine , I dont owe anyone anything, no one owes me anything , I never or dont cry out for donations, so I dont feel bad and I have absolutely no commitment to anyone because money(donations) or monetizing was and will never  be an incentive.

I dont make a fuss it's those that cant get the message and insists on sending inept emails,pm trying to ram home how the world of weather templates should work.

I dont have bad days Jachym and if I did I wouldn't choose to use public forums as a means to offload

seriously Admins if you cant see this year in year out provocative posts by him then so be it .. I simply respond in the manner im spoken or written too no different in real life ..

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 04:11:34 AM by weather34 »

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #713 on: October 04, 2021, 07:52:09 AM »
..eastern block troll ...

not reading any further, btw. I am not from Eastern Europe, learn geography

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #714 on: October 04, 2021, 09:08:29 AM »
Gentlemen:  Please be civil.
Rarely has personal animosity surfaced in this forum.  Calling someone a Troll is off target for the spirit of this forum, as far as I can see.  Insulting one's country and heritage is, in my mind and upbringing, crossing the line of being respectful.

I have no experience in dealing with Weaher34, but I have extensive interactions with Meteotemplate when Jachym developed it and I continue to have it as one of my (perhaps a favorite?) display.

I have never experienced any demeaning or critical responses from him, despite my very limited ability to follow directions and program.  He was able to offer free support to let me succeed. 

I would hope we can respect the talent and programming abilities of all those who work on these ever increasingly complex programs and hope the name calling, even if out of frustration, will now end.

Peace and best wishes to all in this HOBBY (for most of us) and let all good programs find enthusiastic users to implement them on their sites (or multiple implementations since I like a lot of them!)

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #715 on: October 04, 2021, 09:44:41 AM »
Gentlemen:  Please be civil.
Rarely has personal animosity surfaced in this forum.  Calling someone a Troll is off target for the spirit of this forum, as far as I can see.  Insulting one's country and heritage is, in my mind and upbringing, crossing the line of being respectful.

I have no experience in dealing with Weaher34, but I have extensive interactions with Meteotemplate when Jachym developed it and I continue to have it as one of my (perhaps a favorite?) display.

I have never experienced any demeaning or critical responses from him, despite my very limited ability to follow directions and program.  He was able to offer free support to let me succeed. 

I would hope we can respect the talent and programming abilities of all those who work on these ever increasingly complex programs and hope the name calling, even if out of frustration, will now end.

Peace and best wishes to all in this HOBBY (for most of us) and let all good programs find enthusiastic users to implement them on their sites (or multiple implementations since I like a lot of them!)

so this is ok below and not to be seen has anything personal detrimental animosity?

"Sorry guys, but those of you who have watched the progress of the Weather34 template must agree with me, that this is absolutely hilarious. The number of times his template was taken down completely, in one way or another limited to some users and some functionality, the number of times this guy complained about something, verbally attacked somebody, felt sorry for himself... always with just one simple goal - to grab attention like little kids do in this way."

you have no idea DaleReid when something doesn't conform to their liking how they/some react its far worse what you see here ..
my approach is simple I simply design for what I own , I've learnt over the years not to get involved in stuff I don't own it becomes very overwhelming often pushes you out of the comfort zone and unless your prepared to commit time it can be a tedious outcome and not what you originally envisioned .

Im not the guy for that there are many offerings around these forums including meteotemplate that cater for those setups or those that want the extra mile. Im simply not prepared or have any enthusiasm to commit and I can boldly say I don't have the knowledge of how other hardware works or software works .

Ive literally streamlined everything so im in my comfort zone not outside it.doing this simply allows me to implement design ideas without much difficulty. I have no qualms in recommending other templates to those who want the extras or something that suits their requirements.

So take what you want from above , Ill just carry on doing what Im comfortable with.ps I don't judge others .

Brian aka weather34 ...

Whatever your dealings with him are it doesn't matter to me , Im simply responding in the manner Im spoken too nothing else . If he is offended then he knows how I feel to read what he posts about myself openly . Not just going sit there and say nothing Dale end of story .

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:12:36 AM by weather34 »

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #716 on: October 04, 2021, 10:25:35 PM »
I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus with soil station and WLL am i right in thinking that I also need to buy a meteobridge as well if i want to use your template, Brian? be a shame as i really like what you've done with it.
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #717 on: October 05, 2021, 01:03:32 AM »
I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus with soil station and WLL am i right in thinking that I also need to buy a meteobridge as well if i want to use your template, Brian? be a shame as i really like what you've done with it.

Good Morning

if you own a Meteobridge and Davis Hardware then it will work out of the box just fine .

some screenshots

Main Dashboard light/dark theme

Color themed charts supports current day , current month , previous month, current year , previous year

Alternative Basic layout which has system theme dark/light auto theme mode(light theme untill sunset  dark theme until sunrise if supported by OS) or simply select theme manually

extra info screens provide data + chart view with chart enlarge views so there are multiple ways to view charts

many other options/displayable views via menu, uses a simple one click to apply updates also has built in one click back up solution

so me ol mucker :-) you got a Meteobridge ? then your good to go but your not restricted to this template if your using Meteobridge many other solutions that might just be more suitable ..

have a good day..Brian

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 01:10:00 AM by weather34 »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #718 on: October 05, 2021, 01:26:39 AM »
 [tup] Very nice. If I may, one slight criticism, and I'm sure I'll get ripped for saying it by someone, but the wind direction arrow should point where the wind is blowing from, not to. You're not alone, no one gets it right anymore, at least media wise.   

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #719 on: October 05, 2021, 01:34:56 AM »
[tup] Very nice. If I may, one slight criticism, and I'm sure I'll get ripped for saying it by someone, but the wind direction arrow should point where the wind is blowing from, not to. You're not alone, no one gets it right anymore, at least media wise.

Your not wrong but its debateable , I tend to want to see the arrow pointing from the direction its blowing ,if I was smart enough Id make it an optional preference ..so ill put it on todo list shouldn't be too difficult ..thanks anything constructive is acknowledge..Brian

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #720 on: October 05, 2021, 02:12:09 AM »

Good Morning

if you own a Meteobridge and Davis Hardware then it will work out of the box just fine .

many other options/displayable views via menu, uses a simple one click to apply updates also has built in one click back up solution

so me ol mucker :-) you got a Meteobridge ? then your good to go but your not restricted to this template if your using Meteobridge many other solutions that might just be more suitable ..

have a good day..Brian

Ah, what a shame, no, i don't have a meteobridge, i really like the template too, yeah, i already use various others but there's sommat about your version :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 02:29:28 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #721 on: October 05, 2021, 02:15:10 AM »

As the indicator is not in the center then i class it not as an arrow but as an indicator and its actually showing the way the wind is heading towards the station. If it was an arrow in the center, then it should be pointing the way the wind is coming from, i think that's why you see it this way, although, that's just my way of thinking and i am wrong more times than i am right lol
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 02:28:19 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #722 on: October 05, 2021, 02:30:05 AM »
The arrow looks perfect to me. It is the same as a wind sock or airplane would look, blunt end into the wind.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #723 on: October 05, 2021, 02:57:15 AM »
The arrow looks perfect to me. It is the same as a wind sock or airplane would look, blunt end into the wind.
I really have no response to that.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #724 on: October 05, 2021, 03:24:35 AM »

Good Morning

have a good day..Brian

Ah, what a shame, no, i don't have a meteobridge, i really like the template too, yeah, i already use various others but there's sommat about your version :)

sorry about that but anything other than meteobridge is beyond my ability..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:26:49 AM by weather34 »