Author Topic: PHP Space Weather Script  (Read 14100 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: PHP Space Weather Script
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 04:35:10 PM »
Jerry,

I just finished a chat session with GoDaddy support. Here is what they say they provide in the way of PHP support:
  • Native/Basic PHP coverage is with 5.4
  • You can upgrade FREE to either 5.5.38 or 5.6.30
All you have to do is contact their support group to get the upgrade (according the chat I just had).
True, however I would have to migrate from what GoDaddy calls my 'old' Linux server to a cPanel Linux server on a new host (This is according to a chat session I had with them a couple of days ago.)  So...this means rewriting any scripts that have hardcoded '/home/...' paths, such as this one and a number of others.

Any move would also be complicated by the fact that I host a private Lincoln Community Concert Band concert archive on a Wordpress subdirectory of my site.  This alone currently chews up over 4 GB of storage!  I've purchased a Wordpress migration script and have been playing around with it today.  Even with it the only way to migrate the MP3's is via download and then upload to the new server.  I've downloaded them this afternoon as a preliminary step, and used the migration script to create a migration 'package'.  The FTP hosts in WD, Fling, and GRLevel3 would need to be changed, of course.  My SSL certificate would need to be rekeyed, which is no big deal.

That said, I'm still sitting on the edge of this and not yet ready to take the plunge.  It would provide an opportunity to clean up a bunch of deadwood on my site were I so inclined. :-)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
Yikes, so a simple upgrade really isn't so simple! It does sound like a lot of work and there is no guarantee that would help with the issue anyway. However, with PHP 5.4 being so old, it may be in your interest to take the plunge so you are ready for future updates down the road. I know, that's easy for me to say... Good luck with whatever you decide.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline smokie

• Newquay Cornwall. UK
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »
Yes upgrading can bring along a lot of issues with php as things are depreciated, been there done that a couple of times, didnt get many issues from 5.4 to 5.6 and I didnt have to migrate to another server, sounds as if you have been on that server along time.
Newquay, Cornwall.UK  > WS2300 Operational since May 2007. New home from 6/4/08 www.newquayweather.com

Offline n7xrd

• Forecaster
    • Kamiah Weather
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2017, 12:09:14 AM »
I'm on Godaddy also and gave up on this script as it would never work correctly and if it helps I am on version 5.6. Godaddy seems to load very slowly the last couple of months I think they are overloaded!   :-(

Offline moungerzooWX

• Serving the Denbigh area of Newport News, VA
    • The Mounger Zoo Weather Station
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »
Does anyone have a working link to a copy of the Space Weather script?  The one I found on Saratoga-Weather.org is no longer valid.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
The Mounger Zoo Weather Station
Newport News, Virginia
https://moungerzoo.com/weather
NOAA: EW9556
WX Underground: KVANEWP021

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2021, 05:47:22 PM »
Does anyone have a working link to a copy of the Space Weather script?  The one I found on Saratoga-Weather.org is no longer valid.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41516.msg425374#msg425374
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline moungerzooWX

• Serving the Denbigh area of Newport News, VA
    • The Mounger Zoo Weather Station
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »
Thanks for this!!  Much appreciated.  Works great!

~Scott
The Mounger Zoo Weather Station
Newport News, Virginia
https://moungerzoo.com/weather
NOAA: EW9556
WX Underground: KVANEWP021

Offline mikeym2m

• Senior Contributor
    • MikeyM's Thornhurst PA Weather
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2021, 02:34:06 PM »
Just finally updated - THANKS   [tup]