Author Topic: Acurite 5in1 pro+ rain display not resetting at midnight  (Read 586 times)

Offline Phil Tischer

Acurite 5in1 pro+ rain display not resetting at midnight
« on: June 27, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »
My new 5in1 acurite pro+ will not reset the rain total for the day at midnight. It says rain total for 48 hours. Can anyone help me change the setting. I've checked everywhere for an answer with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Acurite 5in1 pro+ rain display not resetting at midnight
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 08:38:36 PM »
Which display do you have? The HD display cycles to Today … 24hr … 48 hr. … 72 hr. totals and can not be set to display only the days total.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Phil Tischer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 09:38:35 AM »
The display is model 06058, high resolution

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 11:01:10 AM »
That's the same display that I had. It died after 3 1/2 years of use.. No way to set it only for the days total. There's a strange algorithm which is hard to decipher what it does when it comes to rain periods, days and what it reports. Makes the display useless to me. If you hit a dry spell I've seen it go to up to 2 weeks, but after 48 hours of no rain it will reset to the days total on the next rain event. Hard to figure.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Phil Tischer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 11:23:42 AM »
Thank you for the information. I have begun to regret purchasing this unit. To me the documentation is poorly written. Thank you for the quick reply. Phil

anything