Author Topic: Davis data logger IP can not find Mac address  (Read 835 times)

Offline Stuart_C

Davis data logger IP can not find Mac address
« on: July 10, 2019, 06:41:54 AM »
Hi group.
I need some help please from people with knowledge on the Davis WL IP data logger. 
I can not find the Mac address on the network.
I have removed the power and removed the data logger and removed the cable from it.
I have used fing scanner and also a utiltity software from Davis AU and still not showing up on my network.
The data logger is flashing quickly.
I also am connect via a router which I think I need to set port forwarding not to sure how.
I have also upgraded Weatherlink to Pro.
Any help would be most appreciated as I am now stuck and can not move forward.
Regards

Stuart

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Davis data logger IP can not find Mac address
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 07:01:50 AM »
This looks like a nice write up. Saves typing.  :grin:
It's written with Weathercat software users in mind....but ignore that part.

https://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=How_to_setup_the_Davis_WeatherLinkIP%E2%84%A2_data_logger

The port that you are using on your router. You should check it to be sure that it works with another computer....at the same time that you keep the other computer still plugged into that modem /router. What I'm trying to explain is that some modem /routers have Ethernet ports that don't work if the modem is in bridge mode or if you plug more than one device into them as they are in bridge mode for use with one device that typically should be a separate router.

It would help if you told us a bit more about your network configuration.  What type of computer are you using and how is it connected to the network (Ethernet or WiFi). What is the IP address of the computer?

If anything I said is confusing don't worry. We'll take it one step at a time. Start with giving us more information.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:05:07 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Stuart_C

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »
Hi galfert,
First off I am not very IT knowledgeable so I will try and answer as best as I can.
Davis had walked me through this utility today and could not find the mac address.
The computer is HP ENvy 360  x 64. Wifi 5G
I have a couple of laptops on the Telstra 5G network which all seam to be working OK we also have other device Foxtel etc working OK.
The router is NBN.
Laptop Port 10.0.0.1
Regards

Stuart

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 07:32:20 AM »
Ok 10.0.0.1 is the IP address of the NBN router not the laptop... I think... More on this later. Well need to know a bit more about this router to log into it so that we can find out what IP address it is assigning to the IP logger.  What is the model of the NBN router?

We also need to know the MAC address of the IP logger. It should have printed on it a DID number. The DID on it is the MAC address. We'll use that to give it a static IP reservation in the router.

Is there anything connected to the Ethernet ports on the router? Other than the IP logger? Or is everything else on WiFi?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:34:09 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything