Author Topic: Has anyone tried the 06099m wifi display for atlas?  (Read 852 times)

Offline jteloh

Re: Has anyone tried the 06099m wifi display for atlas?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
I can't speak to the power glitches. Here in my part of FL, Florida flicker and flash forces me to put anything important on ups.
I did put the original display and the wifi display on the same atlas for about a week.
First thing I noticed is that the barametor algorithm seems different. One downside of the wifi display is the pressure display never hardly changes, but it changes at Acurite and WU.
A feature I like is that there are displays for both sensor strength and wifi. Overall it was a good replacement for my broken access.

Offline sodfarmer

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2021, 03:56:08 PM »
I have had the 06099M WiFi Display with my 06059M Atlas Sensor for three days.
I've got a ticket opened up with tech support right now because I have extremely intermittent connection to the data via the MyAcurite App. The app may report my sensor being offline for 5+ hours, then it works for 10 minutes. It's arbitrary, so it may be more than IP addresses jumping about. That said, the only thing I have not yet done is reserve a static IP address (which I will try next).

I think the Atlas is reporting reliably to the Display WiFi because when I connect again, I think it serves up all the graph data from when I could not connect. However, seeing the data points are in clusters of 5 or so with fairly large gaps between them, I'm not certain now. I'm no familiar enough yet to know if that is how it is supposed to work. Plus, I know my internet works because I have a Revo camera system I can see those feeds even when the weather station is "offline".

I have it reporting to acurite and also put the wunderground access key in the setup but it never reported to wunderground. I deleted that sensor on wunderground so now I think I have to go through the set up again and put the new key in. I wonder if it didn't report to wunderground because I haven't installed backup batteries in the display yet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 04:27:01 PM by sodfarmer »

Offline aspexin91

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
I set up wunderground in myacurite.com->Settings (far right menu)->Share Weather (in drop down) and in the section "Sharing to Weather Underground" is where I provide the wunderground station id and keys. AFAIK the Atlas sends data to the base station (cylindrical thingy not the display) that comes with the Atlas and that sends the data to myacurite. Then wunderground gets its data from myacurite.com. I've been set up like this since May 2019. We only recently bought the display so I didn't have to setup a tablet in the master bath.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
I have done the factory reset so many times I can’t even remember.

I am using it, but only a couple weeks now.  So far I like it....but, had a power and internet outage over the weekend and had wifi connectivity issues thereafter.  Had to go through the whole setup again.  Knock on wood I have never had that problem with my 5in1 direct to wifi display.  As I almost always use PWS monitor its a pain when it doesn't update to wunderground. 

We'll have to see if this is recurring.

I actually have another question for you. You said you had a power outage... Did the battery backup allow it to still record data?

I did a short test of this after I put the AAA's in and the display just went black. However I did not have to redo the set up which tells me maybe it just saves your settings and the clock.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »
I have had the 06099M WiFi Display with my 06059M Atlas Sensor for three days.
I've got a ticket opened up with tech support right now because I have extremely intermittent connection to the data via the MyAcurite App. The app may report my sensor being offline for 5+ hours, then it works for 10 minutes. It's arbitrary, so it may be more than IP addresses jumping about. That said, the only thing I have not yet done is reserve a static IP address (which I will try next).

I think the Atlas is reporting reliably to the Display WiFi because when I connect again, I think it serves up all the graph data from when I could not connect. However, seeing the data points are in clusters of 5 or so with fairly large gaps between them, I'm not certain now. I'm no familiar enough yet to know if that is how it is supposed to work. Plus, I know my internet works because I have a Revo camera system I can see those feeds even when the weather station is "offline".

I have it reporting to acurite and also put the wunderground access key in the setup but it never reported to wunderground. I deleted that sensor on wunderground so now I think I have to go through the set up again and put the new key in. I wonder if it didn't report to wunderground because I haven't installed backup batteries in the display yet.

Mine went down again after being set up to report to wunderground via myacurite.  Same thing, went down for 5+ hours.  My 5in1 was ticking along and reporting just fine the whole while…IMO, it’s not internet, not WiFi, not DHCP, and not wunderground.

Now they want me to send it back for “troubleshooting”….I’m waiting on a prepaid mailing label.

Have had the atlas up since June…this makes TWO Atlas displays in the tank.  And now I wait for them to work on it  :?

Not happy.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
Also…it’s not in my case an issue with the Atlas reporting to the display.  My other display (a replacement for the HD display that didn’t work out of the box) is receiving accurate info and it is much further away.