Author Topic: Web Cam not displaying  (Read 3141 times)

Offline MNicastro

• WeatherMike
    • WeatherMike
Re: Web Cam not displaying
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2021, 07:46:26 PM »
Great, thanks for the response!  Yeah, I have always used the online form, and never have received a response or form letter of any kind.  I have had my webcams on WU for many years and never had an issue until IBM took over.  Before IBM WU was great with responding to requests and would fix any issue that I had.
Mike Nicastro / K7FLA
https://www.weathermike.com)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station ( KCABEAUM158 )
Ecowitt WS90 7-in-1 Weather Sensor ( KCABEAUM159 )

Offline EW7038

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2021, 01:06:34 PM »
After multiple requests for webcam support I finally received a response from WU saying they just didn't have the bandwidth to chase down web cam issues.  In my case, the web cam was always showing offline even though the ftp log showed success with upload and image size was <150KB.    In the end I created a new ID for the existing camera by adding a new device in WU profile and the camera immediately showed up as online.  This worked for about a month until once again it started showing up offline.    I think there was a short period of time that the image may have been larger than 150KB when I was updating my camera.  That might have been the time WU marked the device as offline.  Once a webcam is marked as offline, WU may mark the camera as invalid and never check again for valid file size.  I'm just guessing since the support is non-existent. 

Offline MRE

• MRE Software & FairhopeWeather.com
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »
Looking at webcams on Wundermap I see 3 in Alabama that are not ALDOT cameras.  Ditto for a lot of other states.  They are showing the Department of Transportation cameras but very few station owners webcams.

It appears to me they are killing off the private weather station cameras one by one.  Hey IBM, don't kill the golden goose...  You are letting your data gathering site go to hell in a handbasket.

Offline MNicastro

• WeatherMike
    • WeatherMike
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2021, 02:22:36 PM »
Hi, thanks for the response.  I did use the website form and finally received a form letter from Victoria. From what I am noticing it looks like Weather Underground has stopped supporting webcams and slowly taking them offline.
Mike Nicastro / K7FLA
https://www.weathermike.com)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station ( KCABEAUM158 )
Ecowitt WS90 7-in-1 Weather Sensor ( KCABEAUM159 )

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2021, 06:45:57 AM »
I have had no issues for a long time, but that has come to an end.

Despite getting "Success" when I test FTP, the majority of the time it fails.

I also get this:

Code: [Select]
Pinging webcam.wunderground.com [54.148.11.142] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 54.148.11.142:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

The last working image on wunderground was the 25th July.

I guess that's the end? Not surprising really.

Offline rtryan30

Web Cam not displaying
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2021, 05:30:29 PM »
I have 2 stations at WU and 2 cameras.  I've tried adding camera #2 to be part of station number 2 (KVACASTL5), but no mater how many times I try or add camera #1, the WU form always wants to assign cameras to KVAMCLEA2, and of course unable to FTP either camera image to WU.  I briefly did get FTP success when I put in this ftp://webcam.wunderground.com.  But no matter what I try, I can not get the cameras to be assigned to station #2 rather than #1 and can't get FTP with success.  Delete station #1 and start from scratch?
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KVACASTL5?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Offline MRE

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2021, 05:54:53 PM »
I gave up.  It is all set up right and uploading.  It isn't being posted and nobody at IBM/WU gives a damn.  The feeling is becoming mutual.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »
If the little Weather Wizz App turns out good for Rapid Fire type updating........that's about all that has been keeping me uploading to WU now that cameras are borked and I have cam in several other places now......

Offline MRE

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2021, 07:51:48 PM »
WeatherUSA did a great job filling the vacuum for weather radio hosting when WU pulled the plug on that.  I would love to see something similar happen with the personal weather stations and webcams.  I upload to PWS and others already but none have really filled the shoes of the old WU back when it was WU.  It is a shame really.  WU still has a good API and good forecasts but they are neglecting the folks like us who make those possible.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2021, 02:32:17 PM »
We shall see just who is rapid and who is not.  [tup] [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline rtryan30

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2021, 03:44:48 PM »
Where is your sky pic 😳. Can I link my camera?

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2021, 04:39:35 PM »
Huh?

Offline rtryan30

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2021, 09:22:52 PM »
That’s the images I get from here on my $50 Reolink but have been able to post on WU since early July 😬

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »
I don't get either post, the syntax is off.

Offline Maverick3837

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2021, 10:07:55 AM »
I have had a webcam up since the first week that wunderground started allowing them. Mind you, this was YEARS ago!! Now, no matter what address you use in the FTP, no matter how well you setup your webcam, it will all be in vain. You may get it to work for a few hours, (if you are lucky,) but in the end, it won't display for any meaningful amount of time. I had a total of six webcams going, four were mine and two were from my sisters house. Everything worked great, they updated every minute and were online for years. One by one they quietly disappeared about a year ago, and since then, nothing you do will fix it. Wunderground decided to oust them and the sneaky way they went about doing it, was chicken s***!!!!!

anything