Poll

Did you already or are you planning on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?

Yes, I already got the vaccine (at least 1st dose).
Yes, I plan on getting the vaccine when it is my turn.
Yes, I got or will get the vaccine but only because it's the only way I will be allowed to see grandchildren or other against my will reason.
No, I do not plan on getting the vaccine because of medical condition (allergy, pregnancy, etc.).
No, I do not plan on getting the vaccine because I don't want it or don't trust it.
I'm undecided. Leaning towards yes. (maybe those that want to wait it out longer)
I'm undecided. Leaning towards no.

Author Topic: Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?  (Read 3866 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Okay I thought we could do our own little survey. Hopefully this conversation does not get out of hand or political. I still don't understand how this whole Covid-19 for some turned out to be a political issue.

If you vote you can change your vote if you change your mind.

Please share any thoughts you have. Please, please respect other's opinions. It doesn't mean you have to agree with others, but if you disagree you don't have to call them idiots. Just nicely say, "I think you are misinformed and I disagree." If this gets out of hand I will delete posts, lock the thread and ban users. Hopefully starting this thread doesn't backfire on me.

I mostly want to motivate everyone to get vaccinated if they have the opportunity. Maybe we can sway or motivate uninformed and unsure individuals to get vaccinated.

Stay Safe,
George
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 03:15:52 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
Re: Poll - Have already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 09:35:43 AM »
It became political due to no credit given to the previous administration.. the opposing powers now in office wanted no credit given to Trump, thus it became a political weapon used to shut down businesses and drive the economy down...

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 09:37:57 AM »
get my second on Saturday.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:52:31 AM »
Got my second dose 2 weeks ago, wife gets second dose on Saturday ... both Pfizer. I had no side effects on first dose, but some mild side effects with second dose.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline funsutton

• Contributor
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 10:15:56 AM »
I'll probably get it when it becomes my turn. I have nothing against vaccines.

But I understand some people just don't trust it because they were developed so fast, and because it contains new virus technology.

Others I believe are hoping, for whatever reason, that they can avoid the vaccine long enough so as to eventually not need it because of herd immunity.

As to the politics of it, everything is political these days because of the hyperpartisan landscape that's arisen in this country. I have very strong feelings about what we've seen over the last two decades, but I don't see or feel the need to nose dive into that here. To be honest, I'm kinda politicked out and enjoy coming to places like this to get away from it and focus on more interesting things. Like galfert ripping into fake expert weather station reviews and such.  :grin:  [tup] [tup] [tup]

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »
Kate and I both have appointments at an Atlanta hospital on Monday, March 15 for the first dose.
We qualify because we are in the age group where the virus likes to kill people.
We believe in the science, unlike those who can only think politically.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 10:24:20 AM »
It's really too bad how much schoolyard/political stuff emerged over this. To the point of theories about mind control etc.

I just don't think I am being naive to believe the science is real.

With any luck as it emerges the vaccines are effective and cause no ill effects the foolish stuff will die down.

I am hoping the time table may speed up for me as I have no option to work at home and our supply is speeding up it may give my group a quicker place in the queue. Whatever it is I will continue to use much caution and will get it as soon as available.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 10:26:24 AM »
..... Like galfert ripping into fake expert weather station reviews and such.  :grin:  [tup] [tup] [tup]

[tup]
Roger that Dude. A pleasant diversion at times like this.

Offline Notsorusty

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 12:49:09 PM »
If you doubt science, why are you on a weather forum?

If you are so tangled up with politics that you can't see straight, why are you on a weather forum?

My wife has had both. I have gotten my first dose and am looking forward to getting my second. I have my daughter registered on every list I can find and am still trying to get her an appointment. She is 40 years and disabled but works at an essential business packing truck repair parts.
Station Name: Silver Creek II
Latitude / Longitude: 41.925° N, -87.872° W
Elevation: 633
City: Franklin Park
State: IL
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2902D

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 02:42:17 PM »
Two weeks ago, my employer offered a one-off chance for employees to get the shots.  Since my job is currently categorized 100% work-from-home, I decided to pass on the offer and leave it for a colleague who is working face-to-face.

Being categorized 100% WFH, let's just say that I am not in a hurry to get the shots and possibly be called back to the office.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
    • Maricopa, Sonoran Desert, Arizona
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 02:44:44 PM »
We got our first shot last week, 2nd is due last week of March.    Both on the other side of 70, both with medical issues.

Ken

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 03:25:44 PM »
But I understand some people just don't trust it because they were developed so fast, and because it contains new virus technology.
I believe the J&J vaccine was developed more "traditionally" compared to the other two.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Re: Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 03:46:05 PM »
In Jan my doc asked if I wanted it, I said I wasn't against it, but I'd not stand in line or put on a mask to get it.

It became political because it was an election year and one party saw the opportunity to stampede the country into the most serious mistake we've made in decades by locking down the economy, destroying small business's, shutting down schools etc. It's created a mental crisis for many, especially the old in rest homes who are isolated and dying alone. Suicides are up in age groups from school age to adults. Drug usage is up and all for what?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »
The wife and I completed our Pfizer vaccine second doses a week ago.  Both over 70. Still doing shelter-in-place, and masks/sanitizing when in public. We allegedly reach peak immunity in two weeks.  Glad we've managed to avoid infections (including no colds or flu) during the prior year.  [tup]
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 03:52:56 PM »
stevebrtx, the biggest issue (the pandemic) was exacerbated by those who denied the common-sense public health practices to limit the viral spread.  Mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing are all measures that reduce the spread, as are limits on gatherings (public/private).  We would likely have much fewer deaths as a percent of population if only everyone had followed the public health guidelines.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 03:56:00 PM »

It became political because it was an election year and one party saw the opportunity to stampede the country into the most serious mistake we've made in decades by locking down the economy, destroying small business's, shutting down schools etc. It's created a mental crisis for many, especially the old in rest homes who are isolated and dying alone. Suicides are up in age groups from school age to adults. Drug usage is up and all for what?
That's easy....power. Power over us all and our lives.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 04:13:10 PM »
Saratoga, if you actually believe all that, you best stay away from me, I'm easy to spot, I'm the one with no mask and healthy despite all the fearmongering. In the past 4 months I've been forced to attend the funerals of two dear uncles on Zoom. I didn't get to see either of them for the last time at the canceled reunion last summer.

Offline Notsorusty

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 05:00:11 PM »
So this is descending into this. I will now be avoiding this post.
Station Name: Silver Creek II
Latitude / Longitude: 41.925° N, -87.872° W
Elevation: 633
City: Franklin Park
State: IL
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2902D

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 05:18:45 PM »
The spouse and I got the first dose of Moderna. No ill effects, just a little warmth at the injection site and a little red mark.

We are scheduled for the 2nd one near the end of the month.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 05:33:10 PM »
Being in the UK gave us option of either Pfizer or Oxford/Atrazeneca vaccines, we had Pfizer. Both being over 70 meant we were in the first 4 age groups all vaccines in the UK are offered in age groups moving down the age range as the older ones get done in 5 year stages, there was an addition to the age groups for younger folks with significant medical conditions so they did not have to wait to be called by age. The UK has done very well but has decided to space out the two doses to 12 weeks which is less than ideal in my view. The logic being that the first dose would significantly reduce hospital admissions and deaths and this was more important, it was to protect our NHS and save lives as much as possible. However this 12 week wait means we have to be very careful for at least 16 weeks before we get maximum efficacy from the jab! Being out of the EU allowed the UK to both invest in the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine, and order very large numbers of doses very early on, unlike the EU which has been rather behind the curve.

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
The spouse and I got the first dose of Moderna. No ill effects, just a little warmth at the injection site and a little red mark.

Greg H.

I would agree on the warmth thing. But not worried about any of it.

Notsorusty-anything can be political today.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 06:54:17 PM »

Greg H.

anything can be political today.
Not can be, is. Just saw where a private school in NYC wants to "cancel" the words......are you ready?

Mom and Dad.

It's utterly impossible to make this **** up, but every single day, it happens.

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 07:48:01 PM »
I mostly want to motivate everyone to get vaccinated if they have the opportunity. Maybe we can sway or motivate uninformed and unsure individuals to get vaccinated.
Vaccinations are ramping up slowly here (Australia). There is not really a mad panic to get a vaccination at this stage as the locally acquired cases in Australia in the last 24 hours = 0. Front line workers and nursing home patients are at the head of the queue.

I will be offered the vaccine in Phase 2B of the national roll-out and I will accept it. However, a date hasn't been set yet. Still, not really an issue at this stage.

I had to get a Yellow Fever vaccination when I wanted to go to South America, but in future I think that if you want to go anywhere, you will end up needing a COVID vaccination. I want to travel again, so I'll be getting it while it is free.

“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2021, 08:06:42 PM »

Covid blew thru my household in mid December. We all tested positive and did our part and stayed home for the 14 day period. We were all fine and showed few to no symptoms. I see no concrete evidence that the vaccine will offer any better protection than my natural antibodies nor is it yet proven how long it will even last. Also the few cases reported from around the world of getting covid twice are not well documented. Why in the world would I stick an experimental vaccine in my arm that I don't even need?

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2021, 08:12:32 PM »
I see no concrete evidence that the vaccine will offer any better protection than my natural antibodies nor is it yet proven how long it will even last.
What studies have you read?
“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll