Author Topic: This is our best and brightest....  (Read 1930 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:44:39 AM by CW2274 »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
Re: This is our best and brigtest....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 10:33:47 PM »
Then farmers could also build large storage devices to hold the water they need for irrigation.

(actual idea in the MPLS paper comment section)

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
Re: This is our best and brigtest....
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 04:47:43 AM »
Generating idiotic ideas and manufacturing one crisis after another seems to be a big business now days.
Keeps the masses confused and loud mouth clowns in the office.
Meanwhile, plants are staving for CO2....

Lets destroy tens of thousands of hectares of environment to build absurdly unreliable PV panel farms... to save the environment...but wait, to make it even more bizarre, lets block out the Sun.... to save the planet, you know.  [tup] 
I feel like I am in a insane asylum... oh wait, they closed most of those down... no wonder the lunatics are out and about.  =D>
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: This is our best and brightest....
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 08:15:32 AM »
First off it was a congressional mandate that they put something out. Because of that mandate this is what they put out.

“A program of research into the scientific and societal implications of solar radiation modification (SRM) would enable better-informed decisions about the potential risks and benefits of SRM as a component of climate policy, alongside the foundational elements of greenhouse gas emissions mitigation and adaptation,” the White House report said. “SRM offers the possibility of cooling the planet significantly on a timescale of a few years.”

Secondly it says they have no plans to do anything.

“there are no plans underway to establish a comprehensive research program focused on solar radiation modification.”

Nothing to see here.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 08:55:37 AM »
Ocala is right.. this is a non-starter. At the university I worked at, upper management was always tasked to come up with a new plan or idea each year and do a feasibility study on it. Well, us peons in the trenches could always tell immediately the plan or idea wouldn't work and why, but we were forced to play the game and do our assigned part of the study. Then the UM would present the findings to their bosses. So it was vapor-work and mainly was used to justify the bosses job. So now begins the waste of taxpayers money studying how to launch a giant umbrella into space. I think launching all politicians into space to block out the sun and slow global warming would be better.

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 12:30:28 PM »
....I think launching all politicians into space to block out the sun and slow global warming would be better.
Are you trying to crash the private jet business?  :shock:
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 04:16:51 PM »
So now begins the waste of taxpayers money studying how to launch a giant umbrella into space.
That was the point. Climate change, or whatever the hell people want to call it, has been going on since the dawn of time, and will continue to do so long after we're gone, no matter WHAT idiotic ideas these boneheads come up with. In my eyes, instead of us insanely trying to change that which we have ZERO ability to do so, if anything, it should be put into adaptation, NOT manipulation. These people are nothing but money grabbing crooks, and the sane folk are getting sick of it. Period.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 03:31:00 PM »
The first step is to force solar power on everyone, then block out the sun.

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2023, 05:22:03 AM »
The first step is to force solar power on everyone, then block out the sun.
For a substantial fee, they can open a "window" for you... but you committed a thought crime by questioning the unelected bureaucrats sanity.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 08:03:39 PM »

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2023, 05:33:56 PM »
If all these guys are so smart, how about moving the high pressure area parked over TX out into the Atlantic etc? That would be productive and save the energy my AC is using. So far I've got 51 days over 100 this year?

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 08:39:42 PM »
If all these guys are so smart, how about moving the high pressure area parked over TX out into the Atlantic etc? That would be productive and save the energy my AC is using. So far I've got 51 days over 100 this year?

Yikes, 51 days is surely worse than it got in 2011.  Just 8 days here.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2023, 02:21:21 PM »
This is day 57 and the forecast shows 8 more before it drops to 99, but the worst part is not a drop of rain for 52 days and only .02" then. The tropical storm is cutting across S TX so we aren't even seeing many clouds. The passing storm is causing some winds which increase the fire danger. When I lived in MX I recorded 200 days without measurable rain but the temps were moderate.

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 04:11:05 AM »
This is day 57 and the forecast shows 8 more before it drops to 99, but the worst part is not a drop of rain for 52 days and only .02" then. The tropical storm is cutting across S TX so we aren't even seeing many clouds. The passing storm is causing some winds which increase the fire danger. When I lived in MX I recorded 200 days without measurable rain but the temps were moderate.
Not the first nor will it be the last time it happens. Also, completely off-topic because it has nothing to do with the OP.   

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023, 08:03:54 AM »
True, my apology.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 10:39:55 AM »
Don't worry... Texas will be receiving a short relief on October 14th when the annular solar eclipse passes over the state. Temps will drop a few degrees.... 😆😆😆

Scientists, using our tax dollars, will be studying the effects for research on an orbiting solar umbrella... 😂😂😂
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 10:42:21 AM by Garth Bock »

anything