Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WL & CWOP & WU Beta fix

<< < (2/6) > >>

JACK10562:
It's not that big of a deal, but I noticed there are no active "help" files available in WeatherLink with this beta.
The HELP drop-down itself opens, but this is the error message I get below when clicking any HELP choice.
I can go into the default directory and manually open the file, WeatherLink 5.9.2.chm

About WeatherLink... works ok

Also, Console Diagnostics, under reports is grayed out in the beta.

Randall Kayfes:
My help files work perfectly...

My Diagnositics works great as well...

Remember Diagnostics needs the bulletin shut down to be available. I can see your bulletin is up and running in screen shot, just shut it down and all should be good. 

The help files were not changed at all.  The exe is drag and replace only so if the original help files are not in the same directory they will not show.

JACK10562:
Thanks for the update. I'll check it out!
I completely forgot having the bulletin open precedes certain other functions on the toolbar from being active.

winxwxguy:
Hello,

New to the forum here.

I've had a Wireless Vantage Pro II with data logger running on a Windows 64-bit OS for over a year now.  I had WeatherLink IP 5.9 from Dec. 2009 until Feb. 2011 when I got frustrated with the weekly lockups of the software freezing all data processes (WU, ftp to my personal site, ARPS).  In addition, the WeatherLink web site never worked with my setup and I've pretty much given up on that.

On February 15th I downloaded WeatherLink 5.9.2 and everything worked for an hour or three, then I started receiving "Error reading data from Station" errors on my ftp processes.  The WU and ARPS transfers worked fine, and the WeatherLink website suddenly started working, but my ftp processes, the most important to me, FAILED.  In addition, for the first time I lost data from the "Browse Records" menu item and can not recover them (they don't show up in the monthly bulletins or charts).  I'm hoping to resolve this problem if the records still exist on the station.

I uninstalled WeatherLink 5.9.2 and went back to 5.0 but I was still getting the "Error reading data from Station" and my ftp process weren't working.

THIS executable I tried yesterday and it has been working great!  Everything except for the Davis WeatherLink site, but at this point, I could care less about that.  It's only been a day, but usually I'd be locked up by now (not to mention that the ftp process works).  I'm cautiously optimistic, thank you for providing the beta version.

I do have two questions which I don't know if I should start a new thread on.

1.)  Is it possible to recover the data from the Console?  I've read something that it might just be a corrupted wlk file.  Or is the data lost?  I can get approximate records from WU, so no huge deal, but I'm curious.

2.)  Can I run another software package and display weather data from my Vantage II to various different locations?  I'm sick of the bug filled WeatherLink.  What is Virtual Weather Station?

Anyway, thanks for the link.  I'm making a Web Site for my web design class and I like having clean, reliable data to display!

Kevin
Winchester, VA

--- Quote from: kaymann on November 16, 2010, 01:31:33 PM ---Here is a beta fix to take care of WeatherLink lock-ups - freezes that sometimes occurs when uploading to CWOP and/or Weather Underground:

http://toolbox.davisnet.com/downloads/Weather/software/beta_5_9_2/

We are not sure when it will go into production, however we have not heard of any complaints using it so far.  Save your original WeatherLink executable in a folder so you can rescue it if you need to revert back to it.  Download the above beta file and extract/drop it into your weather link folder (this file is the actual WeatherLink executable not an install file).  Use WeatherLink just as you did before

(Let's make this a sticky until Davis publicly releases the final version).

--- End quote ---

Randall Kayfes:
1.)  Is it possible to recover the data from the Console?  I've read something that it might just be a corrupted wlk file.  Or is the data lost?  I can get approximate records from WU, so no huge deal, but I'm curious.

It depends on your archival interval and how far back you want to go....
1 Minute 1.7 days (42 hours, 40 minutes), 5 Minute 8.8 days, 10 Minute 17.7 days, 15 Minute 26.6 days, 30 Minute 53.3 days, 60 Minute 106.7 days, 120 Minute 213.3 days.  To get the missing data back would require getting the bad data out first....

2.)  Can I run another software package and display weather data from my Vantage II to various different locations?  I'm sick of the bug filled WeatherLink.  What is Virtual Weather Station? 

Check out the software section of this forum and you will quickly learn everyone has their personal favorite software!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version