Weather Related Organizations > WeatherUnderground

WU Nexrad Composite Radar Works

(1/5) > >>

cirrus:
I have the WU Nexrad Radar working in Composite Reflectivity mode instead of the now dead Base Reflectivity mode. I just changed all of the Radblast URL's from: type=NOR to: type=NCR in WU-radar-inc.php and also in Settings.php ..... then it was up and running again. It also works on the top of my index.php page after changing the URL to type=NCR. I like Composite over Base anyway.... so Id say all is good, but with WU for how long?

Here's my working wxradar.php link: https://thedallesweather.com/wxradar.php?mode=3&animated=1&advisories=1&track=1&lightning=1

edit: I forgot to mention that WU (IBM) has the Composite Nexrad set to only update every 350 seconds! Go figure....

DoctorKnow:
The radar map works also if you tilt the beam up. It only doesn't work on the .50 degree setting. I hope they don't remove the others now that we've blown the cover, but they probably will...

WSWeather:
Composite will do for now.  Thanks!

Now to get them to fix it on their own radar pages.  :roll:

capeweather:

--- Quote from: DoctorKnow on May 09, 2021, 04:50:03 PM ---The radar map works also if you tilt the beam up. It only doesn't work on the .50 degree setting. I hope they don't remove the others now that we've blown the cover, but they probably will...

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the heads up!

SoMDWx:

--- Quote from: cirrus on May 09, 2021, 04:16:33 PM ---I have the WU Nexrad Radar working in Composite Reflectivity mode instead of the now dead Base Reflectivity mode. I just changed all of the Radblast URL's from: type=NOR to: type=NCR in WU-radar-inc.php and also in Settings.php ..... then it was up and running again. It also works on the top of my index.php page after changing the URL to type=NCR. I like Composite over Base anyway.... so Id say all is good, but with WU for how long?

Here's my working wxradar.php link: https://thedallesweather.com/wxradar.php?mode=3&animated=1&advisories=1&track=1&lightning=1

edit: I forgot to mention that WU (IBM) has the Composite Nexrad set to only update every 350 seconds! Go figure....

--- End quote ---

That would depend on the mode of operation of the radar (i.e. CLEAR AIR mode, Precipitation Mode, and in some case when needed, SEVERE Wx mode, all update at different rates.

I hope they didn't just set a timer to 350 for all of them.... :(

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version