Author Topic: WU shows no data  (Read 518 times)

Offline dow

• Village Idiot in training
WU shows no data
« on: March 08, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »
WU is showing OFFLINE on my PWS since 11:59PM on Feb. 24.  However, ambientweather.net shows current data as do my CWOP feeds to NWS, findU, and MesoWest

Is anybody else having this issue?  Obviously, my PWS is working correctly, and is reporting in a timely manner.  I have made no changes to my PWS settings, and my WU credentials have not changed either.  I'm really scratching my head on why they're not showing anything for me.
https://www.pwsweather.com/station/pws/ktxboern48
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WU shows no data
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »
If you have updated the firmware it has been known to sometimes remove the entered credentials.

Just use awnet app or WS View to reconfigure. Better to not copy/past because sometimes leading or trailing spaces get copied. Also be sure to only use upper case. Be sure to not confuse zero and letter O and other similar characters in the ID and in the device key. Make sure you are using the WU device key and not your WU password.

The upload to Ambientweather.net is a separate configuration from the WU upload. If one works and the other doesn't just means that one is okay and the other isn't. The good news is that is does provide evidence that that station is properly connected to your network. Which leaves just the WU configuration as the matter to deal with.

Another tip is to purposefully enter in the wrong WU station ID and then save it. Then go back and enter in the correct one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:45:17 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline dow

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:12:28 PM »
If you have updated the firmware it has been known to sometimes remove the entered credentials.

Just use awnet app or WS View to reconfigure. Better to not copy/past because sometimes leading or trailing spaces get copied. Also be sure to only use upper case. Be sure to not confuse zero and letter O and other similar characters in the ID and in the device key. Make sure you are using the WU device key and not your WU password.

The upload to Ambientweather.net is a separate configuration from the WU upload. If one works and the other doesn't just means that one is okay and the other isn't. The good news is that is does provide evidence that that station is properly connected to your network. Which leaves just the WU configuration as the matter to deal with.

Another tip is to purposefully enter in the wrong WU station ID and then save it. Then go back and enter in the correct one.

Nope, haven't modified any of the settings in several months, since the last firmware update came out.  I typically check on that about twice a year (or when someone here starts going on about a new version).  I'll try to log into the ObserverIP tonight and verify that everything is still configured the way I left it.  I do know that I made ZERO changes to it at midnight on the 24th of February, and that's when it stopped reporting to WU, at least according to the historical data that WU shows.
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:06:19 PM »
Oh!....ObserverIP ...say no more. Forget what I said about awnet and WS View...those are not intended for your model.

The ObserverIP is notorious for being flaky. Write down all your settings and rain totals. Then factory reset and enter your settings back. Years ago when I last ran an ObserverIP I would take screenshots as a way to document what all the settings were.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline dow

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:00:15 AM »
Thanks. Oddly, mine has been rock solid over the five and a half years I've had it.  I'm currently on my third sensor array (this one is the same one as on the WS-2902).  The system started as a WS-1400-IP.  The first array was destroyed in a hailstorm, the second started giving bad readings after a couple of years, but this one has been going strong for probably 2-1/2 years, except when the wind vane froze solid during the ice storm last month.

I'll try to look at the ObserverIP this evening and do a reset on it.

Thanks again.
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX

anything