Author Topic: Issue with rainfall totals  (Read 910 times)

Offline kharris44

Issue with rainfall totals
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:55:53 PM »
This is weird -

My 48 hour rainfall totals seem correct, but my monthly and annual totals keep resetting and never get above a few hundredths of a inch. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?

Offline Neil_O

Re: Issue with rainfall totals
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:38:34 AM »
I had a similar issue with my Atlas display (you didn't mention which display you have).  The daily, 48-hour, and annual totals were correct, but weekly and monthly totals kept resetting back to zero and rarely got over 1/10th of an inch.  See the photo of my display.  The picture was taken on a Thursday near the end of the month, so the weekly and monthly totals should have included the 48-hour total - but did not.

I contacted Acurite customer support and sent the picture of the display values.  They replaced my display and asked me to send the old one back so they could troubleshoot.  The replacement display has never had this problem. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
We haven't had much rain since the New Year, but we had .08" on January 4. The display showed that as the daily total or 48 hour total (you never know what time period it's going to give you), but the monthly & annual totals are 0. It was accumulating those last year. Don't know what's up!

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 12:30:44 PM »
Within the past month I started to notice this. I have had my Atlas display since the Atlas was first released. What I have noticed is that as soon as the time changes to midnight on the display, the rain totals reset where the weekly and monthly rain totals are displayed. For the fun of it, I thought I would check to see if any records were displayed on the screen for "yesterday's records", and everything was just dashes and no records displayed for the previous day.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:11:28 PM by Mirwin275 »