Author Topic: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.  (Read 57939 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.
« Reply #275 on: March 27, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »
Someone sent me a text that says to gas up vehicles there could be a gas shortage. Sounds crazy I thought we had an abundance of gas. Is this just another bad prank to instill panic buying like with toilet paper? ....  :evil:

The gas station I usually go to has shut down . The owner didn't want people to infect his employees and his station doesn't have a window for people to pay at . He was going to make it pay at the pump only but he told me that was still a headache so he decided to just shut down the station . Maybe others are doing that also .

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2020, 05:05:24 PM »
Miracles do happen...President Trump just signed the 2T$ relief bill into law. Hopefully this will help alota folks out.

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2020, 07:19:04 PM »
There is more to a barrel of refined oil than just gas and diesel. Propane, butane, kerosene(jet fuel) and the heavy  products that go into motor oil lubs ect.  If any one of these products are not being shipped out of the refineries then on site storage begins to be a problem as tank space is limited.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:04:38 PM by AWL »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2020, 08:03:56 PM »
Still, bad news coming out of Italy. The highest number of deaths to date. WOW, 46 doctors have died. These unselfish brave people putting their lives on the line to save lives.
Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

5909 new cases and 919 new deaths in Italy. Highest number of new deaths since the beginning of the epidemic in Italy [source] [video]. 46 doctors have died to date (with 4 additional deaths today). 6414 health workers have tested positive [source]
Randy

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:46 PM »
and Italy thought it won't happen to them
now the same thing is happening in Spain
and other countries are following
don't think it won't happen to your country /state
the only way to beat it is to break the chain of transmission
i.e stay home
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:37:18 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2020, 08:34:34 AM »
There is more to a barrel of refined oil than just gas and diesel. Propane, butane, kerosene(jet fuel) and the heavy  products that go into motor oil lubs ect.  If any one of these products are not being shipped out of the refineries then on site storage begins to be a problem as tank space is limited.

I read an article last night saying that Western Canada oil is selling for US $5.00/barrel...and might go negative pricing.  Perfect time to refill the US strategic reserve.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2020, 10:37:18 AM »
Minnesota went under a stay at home order last night. Essential trips only. Which is what we have been doing for the last two weeks anyway.

My man cave has been converted to a dance studio. 2 4x8 sanded plywood sheets and built a ballet barre. Set the daughter up with a connection so she can teach her Fargo dance class from Minneapolis.

My in-laws came back from CA last night. I had to get them. I found two masks in the garage, from painting, and sent them out so they could wear them.  Hell bent to come home. Ugh.
We told them they had to stay in their apt for 14 days, no contact. We will bring them groceries.

MSP was a ghost town. Very weird.

My wife will get to cut my hair today. No pics.

Schools are closed until May 3. I am expecting it to be longer. SO-I told HR that I would come off leave and do my classes long distance. I have seen what has been put on for the  last weeks and it was crap. I am trying to be the solution. Waiting to see if my principal has burned me.

I have also applied to other districts. A lot of jobs open. I am sure interviews will not happen until this stuff is settled.

Happy days all.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:55:54 AM by chief-david »

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
Down here in Boca Raton Florida moving my daughter out of college.
Quite the cluster if you know what I mean. 😵

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »

I read an article last night saying that Western Canada oil is selling for US $5.00/barrel...and might go negative pricing.  Perfect time to refill the US strategic reserve.....

Less than $5 actually.  But it is Western Canada Select  - heavy oil.  If only there was a pipeline to get more of it to sales points or storage.  ;)  It will never go negative; producers are stopping production is all.  Canada has been under seige by the environmental cause/greenies.  And where are their protests now??  BTW, once there is control over Covid-19 you will see a very long backfill time. 
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2020, 11:51:46 AM »
BTW, once there is control over Covid-19 you will see a very long backfill time.

... and also stores will not have any room to put the abundance of TP.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »
BTW, once there is control over Covid-19 you will see a very long backfill time.

... and also stores will not have any room to put the abundance of TP.

Well, maybe they will find a new use for the extra supply.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Randy

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »
home value

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2020, 04:44:59 PM »
Some people are more generous than others--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaID_kKgKdY

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2020, 08:52:14 PM »
I had to go to the local Big Lots for some essentials. Only several people were there.  I was glad the store was looking out for customers, probably done out of local government directive.  The entrance doors were propped open, so you didn't have to touch them to come in.   At checkouts,  X's were marked on the floor for distancing.   Of course, the cashier would have to cough in her elbow, but a small clear plastic screen was set up in front of her. 

Here is the mayor's Saturday update:

Payne County now has 12 positive COVID-19 cases, up from 7 yesterday. This is consistent with our expectation, and there are still a number of unconfirmed cases in our community. The rising case numbers reflect the availability of testing, but not a lot of other insight.

Our concern continues to be on the number of hospitalizations and deaths, which may reflect more about the ongoing spread of coronavirus. Deaths in Oklahoma jumped from 8 to 15 overnight.

OKC and Tulsa jointly issued new “shelter in place” orders today. These orders expand Governor Stitt’s “safer at home” policy, which applies only to vulnerable populations, to all residents of OKC and Tulsa. Both cities continue to use the Governor’s list of nonessential business closures.

As I wrote earlier this week, we are all vulnerable to this virus and we should all abide by the safer at home guidelines: Stay home except for essential errands or to work at an essential business. Many of you have pointed out to me that our community is not following this advice, and I share this concern.

City staff is working on a shelter in place order for Stillwater that will align with OKC, Tulsa, and Norman, which issued a similar order earlier this week. Stillwater’s order will likely take effect on Tuesday morning, as we work to determine the details of enforcement and application.

Our efforts to slow the spread of this virus are best undertaken collectively and regionally, so that we can all protect each other. I urge other communities in Oklahoma, as well as the Governor, to adopt these more stringent standards as well.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:12:38 AM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #289 on: March 28, 2020, 09:07:34 PM »
It is apparently becoming more evident that merely "occupying" the same open space (i.e. grocery store) as an effected person for a short amount of time is not necessarily a "favorable" way to catch it compared to touching ones face with contaminated hands. That's a SURE way of transmission. As the title of the thread states...

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2020, 09:47:56 PM »
Speaking to my son today they are dealing with many cases in Arizona especially on the Navajo reservation where they have clinics. He said even the desk workers are fully PPE out even with eye protection. One thing that caught my attention he said people forget about shoes when they come home they need to be sterilized with disinfectant.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #291 on: March 29, 2020, 02:31:53 AM »
Info on how to boost your immune system.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/h-4bqs6YDz0[/youtube]

Part 2 more detailed on vitamin D and how it works with acute respiratory infections

[youtube]https://youtu.be/4f7NxpAreQs[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:04:40 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »
I recommend that people take such advice as above with skepticism.  There have been many tropes circulating regarding 'boosting immune system' and 'nasal heat treatments' (etc) that have not been validated by double-blind/peer-reviewed studies.  The novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 is novel meaning humans haven't experienced it before and have no built-in immunity so we are all susceptible, and there is currently no established cure nor vaccine available (but both are being worked on currently).

For now, social distancing, stay-at-home, and hygine are the available methods to slow the spread. 
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2020, 12:30:48 PM »
At the 5:30 minute mark this so called Dr. calls Dr. Fauci corrupt. At that point I stopped watching. This is not medical advice. These are opportunists and are spreading conspiracy theory propaganda. Sure there is some valid message about eating and being healthy, but the method of message delivery is deceitful. Holistic medicine didn't save Steve Jobs.

I don't have a problem telling people to live healthy lives, but not at the expense against our trusted medical leaders.

Doctors often disagree with each other. This is why often people seek a second opinion. But respectable doctors when they disagree they do it in a respectful way. That video was not professional.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:45:55 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2020, 12:44:26 PM »
For now, social distancing, stay-at-home, and hygine are the available methods to slow the spread.

My new sing-a-long while washing my hands way too frequently:

If you're healthy and you know it, wash your hands!
If you're healthy and you know it, and don't wanna die from COVID,

Sing it twice with soap and hot water, and practice safe social distancing.....

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »

My new sing-a-long while washing my hands way too frequently:

If you're healthy and you know it, and don't wanna die from COVID,

Sing it twice with soap and hot water, and practice safe social distancing.....
Thanks....now I got the damn song stuck in my head... ;)

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2020, 05:47:30 PM »
Thanks....now I got the damn song stuck in my head... ;)

Stay healthy, my friend.....  [tup]

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2020, 07:12:25 PM »
Watching the evening national news is quite sobering.
 :sad:

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2020, 07:12:40 PM »
Decided to go back to teaching tomorrow. Distance learning from the luxury of my couch!!!!!!

May be the best thing for me.

It's not you-It's WU.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2020, 07:14:40 PM »
Watching the evening national news is quite sobering.
 :sad:

I quit watching.

It's not you-It's WU.

anything