Author Topic: Can't set my PWS as default location on app  (Read 614 times)

Offline lwman

Can't set my PWS as default location on app
« on: September 18, 2022, 07:50:40 AM »
I previously had my weather station set as the default location. I recently got a new phone and now I can't set my PWS as the default location. I can locate my station on the map but I can't set it as my location. Anybody know how to do it now?

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: Can't set my PWS as default location on app
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 09:32:30 AM »
Had a similar issue with a new phone (first smart phone).  The WU app would not let me set my station as default.  Only thing I could figure is that the app was not displaying my station’s Baro.  My Baro is being uploaded and shows on the web page just not the app.  I figure since the app saw it as incomplete data it would not allow it to be a default?

I solved it by uninstalling the WU app and using something else  :grin:

Anyway, not sure it helps you but there ya go.

CW3699

Offline lwman

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 09:43:55 AM »
I wound up opening my weather underground location in a website and added that site as a shortcut on my home screen. Much faster than the app anyway. I also noticed on the app that my barometer info is missing even though it shows on the website and could be the problem.

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 10:05:38 AM »
I''l bet it is the baro.

CW3699

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 04:59:42 PM »
I have the same problem. The baro is showing up blank, even though it pumps out fine to other weather web consumers like pwsweather.com and APRS. I'm using Cumulus MX on a dedicated old laptop to pull it from my Davis weather station. Not sure what has changed. Tech support for the app is just crickets like the web sites. I now just use a Chrome shortcut on my phone screen.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3