Author Topic: Firmware 9.0 / 2018-06-09  (Read 1707 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Firmware 9.0 / 2018-06-09
« on: June 11, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
The Beta version was fairly short lived and there is full release available in the hardware/firmware section at Blitzortung forum.

I didn't notice it before but the b9.1 didn't "take" on my Blue unit, but the RED was fine. It stayed at the prior 8.4 version until today.

Even this time it took me three attempts to get 9.0 to stick on Blue, but it finally did. It seems to be operating normally so far, but I have only monitored it for a few minutes on each unit.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline W0BTU

Re: Firmware 9.0 / 2018-06-09
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
I had the same problem with my Blue 19.3, Greg. It only worked after I rebooted.

Also, one would assume that since the DSP Filter checkbox was visible on the 9.0b1 beta, it would follow that 9.0 would have it working, at least to some extent. I asked Tobi about that on the BT forum, but he hasn't replied. Perhaps you or someone else has some insight on this.
Stations: 1977, 2294

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:04 PM »
I'm not sure what TOBI has in mind for that DSP... On my blue, I get a strange 'line' on the E Channel GUI signals page, in certain signal conditions... weird..  but then that E channel has a couple of peculiarities dating from its production... being a 19.1 pre-release with a lot of bugs we had to fix... and a couple of bugs in the E channel I've basically ignored... the Firmware 9.0 has somehow promoted my controller to a 19.3, and several of the other 19.1 operators mentioned that... heh... heh...
The DSP hasn't shown any action at all on my REDS.... and that strange line on certain signals Blue E channel doesn't appear on the reds... so whatever it is, it isn't active, yet... I suspect he may activate it with a remote server config, since it seems to be already incorporated in firmware.... I also suspect it may slow the controller down when enabled... just guessing, however.

Note on the optional filtering, Egon asked us not to run filters higher than 250 KHz, and Tobi sent remote config to limit operation to 218.8 KHz.. regardless of whatever higher setting entered. I had noticed, and asked in Developers board about Aliasing with Higher Cutoff (250kHz or greater) with the sampling rate desired of 500kHz, but received no answer, but a couple days later Egon made this request, and Tobi sent the remote config.  I don't think it was coincidental, Previously I had run mine maxed out, and was pretty sure I was seeing aliasing in the FFT, so I suspect it was an 'oversight' originally to allow the filters to process the higher freqs....

Since blue with HP filter on has a bandwidth higher than 250KHZ, I suspect aliasing may occur in some conditions, for those without the optional filters, so they might up the sampling rate default from 500kHz... meantime, don't change it, since that's what the server wants... a change from 500 KHz likely will result in your signals not being used.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:59:59 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline W0BTU

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
Thanks, Mike.  :grin:
Stations: 1977, 2294

anything