Author Topic: DB-9 pinout??  (Read 5161 times)

Offline kanewolf

• Weather at Chez Baron
DB-9 pinout??
« on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
Does anyone know the mapping from the RJ-11 to DB-9 pins on the blue plastic adapter that Davis includes?  I would like to make up another one to avoid having to dig behind my computer when I want to test something.

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: DB-9 pinout??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »
Unless Davis started gluing the DB9 shell to the hood, they are easy to pop open and look at. There are a couple of handshaking jumpers in there as well.

Offline cshelden

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
I just purchased a used WL w/o the adapter.  So If anyone has the pin out from the DB9 to RJ11 I would appreciate it.  I know it is tx, rx, v-, v+  just not sure which ones that is on the RJ 11 side.

Thanks.
Charlie

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:25:09 AM »
DB 9 Female<->Mod jack adapter (blue housing for a VP2)

1-4-6 jumpered and connected to Yellow
2 Red
3 Black
5 Green
7-8 jumpered (with a blue wire :))

Offline jaktrak

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
Are the VP2 the same as the older Weatherlink's as well, I got a Monitor II WeatherLink adapter as well minus the Com Adapter. Also, is the software the same as with the older Monitor II as the VP2, I'd like to upgrade sometime soon and I didn't get the software as well, just the WeatherLink adapter, so if I have to buy the software I might as well buy it for the VP2 and get the VP2 adapter.
Thanks
Jack

Offline belfryboy

• Forecaster
  • waiting for the rain.....
    • Belfryboy Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:53:13 PM »
The software is the same, but the logger is different for the VP2, you could save yourself a lot of money by buying one of SLOweathers adapters and using cumulus, of if you wanted logging ability you could buy one of my datalogging cables.

anything