Author Topic: Unable to add a new station name  (Read 1552 times)

Offline chriswhite

Unable to add a new station name
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:52:23 AM »
I bought my Davis WeatherLink 6510USB in 2013 and finally installed the weather station the other day.
In the setup I get the message "A Vantage Pro station was found" so appears the USB connection with the console has been successful.
In setup when I create a new station, I get the message "The directory 'TheOaks' already exists" and another "Error saving station data" and "Error saving program config file".
I have looked through posts to see if this same problem exists but didn't see one.
Any help please?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Unable to add a new station name
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:15:42 AM »
I get the message "The directory 'TheOaks' already exists"

Well, does it already exist? But anyway why not simply try an alternative name and see if that works OK? I presume that you're not trying to create the station directory anywhere other than C:\Weatherlink\NewStationName (which could potentially cause issues, depending on exactly where it is)?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline chriswhite

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »
Thanks for your reply John.
I added C:\Weatherlink\NewStationName\TheOaks (I had been using C drive Program files) and it now accepts my station name, however in the Setup Auto Download page, after finding my new station 'TheOaks' and pressing OK, I get "Could not open Auto Download file download.lst." It doesn't let me go past this error, so when I choose Cancel, a window opens saying"Please configure the Console Transceiver to receive data from the correct weather station" I choose ISS as offered; and proceeed through to end of Walkthrough. Do you have any advice on how to resolve the "Could not open Auto Download file download.lst." error box?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »
Hmm, I wonder how old the copy of WL you're trying to use might be. There are potentially 2 separate issues here:

1. You shouldn't need to create the station folder manually. Just choose File | New Station and take it from there. That should automatically create the station folder in the preferred location. (But it won't allow a duplicate station name - you need to use a new name.)

2. I suspect you've got an old copy of WL there which is using a different (and hidden) folder location. I'd suggest you download a completely new copy:

• Log on to weatherlink.com (or create a new account there if you don't have one already and then log on)
  • Go to your personal account details
  • The download link is then the 4th item in the right-hand sidebar
  • This opens a screen that provides access to the various downloads – both complete downloads and also the smaller update files

You'll need the complete download (presumably for Windows), which is quite a large file. If this isn't OK then reinstall WL from your CD but point it specifically to C:\Weatherlink (ie forget Program Files) and then download the relevant update file, which is smaller.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline chriswhite

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:08:06 AM »
Thanks very much. I downloaded the latest version of WeatherLink and that seems to have solved my issues, as far as I am aware, in that I seem to have completed setup without error messages now. Thanks again, Chris

anything