Weather Station Hardware > Boltek/NexStorm Lightning Detectors

Boltek standalone.

(1/2) > >>

josecmorales:
Hi there.

I want to install a lighting detector, but need to be standalone and send data to internet to shown in a website!, is boltek capable to do that?

Maumelle Weather:
All Boltek detectors require a computer as an interface and if you want it on the net, said computer will need to be on at all times to run the software to upload it from.

John

JupiterJoe:
You need to look into Microsferics(coming soon) or Blitzortung(waiting list).

josecmorales:

--- Quote from: sacreyweather on February 12, 2021, 12:06:22 PM ---All Boltek detectors require a computer as an interface and if you want it on the net, said computer will need to be on at all times to run the software to upload it from.

John

--- End quote ---

Wooo bad new for me!

--- Quote from: JupiterJoe on February 12, 2021, 12:06:22 PM ---You need to look into Microsferics(coming soon) or Blitzortung(waiting list).

--- End quote ---

Im in list but dont have any answer, Microsferics sound good!

JupiterJoe:
I do believe, however, that the new Microsferics does need a computer as well. I'm sorry, I misread your first post. However, you may be able to look into a mini computer or something like that, just to run the client program. Even Blitzortung needs a power source and network connection, so you you have to be somewhat dependent on that one way or the other. So sorry I misunderstood you.
It took me 2 years to get my Blitzortung.
Microsferics will come pre-assembled and ready to go. Looks like this spring some time. :)
I have been with Microsferics for a long time. My old version still uses my Boltek as an antenna, but the new system doesn't need that.

--- Quote from: josecmorales on February 12, 2021, 01:06:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: sacreyweather on February 12, 2021, 12:06:22 PM ---All Boltek detectors require a computer as an interface and if you want it on the net, said computer will need to be on at all times to run the software to upload it from.

John

--- End quote ---

Wooo bad new for me!

--- Quote from: JupiterJoe on February 12, 2021, 12:06:22 PM ---You need to look into Microsferics(coming soon) or Blitzortung(waiting list).

--- End quote ---

Im in list but dont have any answer, Microsferics sound good!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version