Weather Software > What Weather Software should I use/buy?

Weather Software Comparison - Supported Uploads to Online Services

<< < (3/3)

TraderGary:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only place I'm seeing updates from weatherlink.com is my WeatherLink browser app connection.

I think AWEKAS and all the other weather sites being updated in my signature below are following this path...

Davis VP2+ ISS >>> Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 >>> Meteobridge Pro >>> Multiple Weather Sites

I don't think any of my sites below are pulling from weatherlink.com. If they were, I couldn't be updating WU using rapid-fire 5 second updates like I'm currently doing. Just click on my WU link to see.

johnd:
I'd say just leave the thread as is - it's useful information but does also illustrate how difficult it is to devise some system of classification or scoring for all the various hardware and software that make up the hobbyist weather station ecosystem.

But my one other concern is that it does tend to over-emphasise the importance of the range of upload targets. So, MB is a powerful tool for a whole range of reasons but I'm not sure that being able to upload to a long list of relatively obscure web platforms should be a major factor in choosing a logging/upload device. Most people are happy with one or two out of WU/wl.com/CWOP/AWEKAS/WOW/Windy/Weathercloud and several devices/programs provide support for those.

galfert:
Thank you johnd. Maybe these follow up posts add the clarity that can't be conveyed in a simple table.

galfert:

--- Quote from: TraderGary on December 28, 2020, 03:22:04 PM ---Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only place I'm seeing updates from weatherlink.com is my WeatherLink browser app connection.

I think AWEKAS and all the other weather sites being updated in my signature below are following this path...

Davis VP2+ ISS >>> Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 >>> Meteobridge Pro >>> Multiple Weather Sites

I don't think any of my sites below are pulling from weatherlink.com. If they were, I couldn't be updating WU using rapid-fire 5 second updates like I'm currently doing. Just click on my WU link to see.

--- End quote ---

Gary,
In your case, for your station, yes you are correct. Because your AWEKAS station configuration looks like this:

AWEKAS station config with Meteobridge:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

But for those with only a WLL, if you select that as the mode of upload, then the AWEKAS station configuration page prompts your for your weatherlink.com API key. As Mark pointed out it isn't the WLL that is doing the upload to AWEKAS but it becomes an API pull from Weatherlink.com. Nothing is going to pull from your Weatherlink.com unless you sanction it.

AWEKAS station config with WLL (using wl.com API):
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version