Author Topic: Great Weatehr Station for weather enthusiast  (Read 1982 times)

Offline UCWeatherstation

• weather station manufacturer
Great Weatehr Station for weather enthusiast
« on: December 29, 2021, 09:51:50 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
https://amzn.to/3qzp7fu
I need a weather station mainly for frost protection on our blueberry farm in north Florida. I've had this for three weeks, so far, it is working very well. It takes a little time to read manuals and familiarize myself with the pairing setup. The Instruction manual is adequate.

The product comes in three units
1. Solar Power Integrated Outdoor Sensors unit
2. Wireless Thermo-hygrometer unit
3. display console - a 10" LCD

After installing batteries in the sensors and hygrometer units and plugging in a power adaptor in the LCD, the LCD is automatically paired with the outdoor and indoor sensors. The display is bright and easy to read.
Compared with FAWN (Florida Automated Weather Network), the data seems to be accurate.

It is highly recommended!

Caution: Install batteries in the Solar and the hygrometer units first, then install batteries in LCD; otherwise, it does not pair with the sensors unit.
Next:
1. I will install an app on my phone to monitor out of town.
2. I will set up an alert for frost time.
Do one thing in a lifetime and make it greater.
Focus on Weather Station products since 10 years ago.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3qzp7fu (30% off Amazon Code: MWIO2KS4)

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Great Weatehr Station for weather enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 02:08:17 AM »
A photo taken among the blue berries would look cool  [tup] 

Offline Snowda

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 07:19:58 PM »
The display for this is about 30 years more advanced that the Davis VP2 that costs 9x as much.

Offline UCWeatherstation

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 08:17:49 PM »
Yes, it's an HD VA display, more bright and clear than most

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 12:44:07 PM »
Curios, You seem like a vendor? Is this the product you are promoting? As per your signature.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline UCWeatherstation

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 10:12:07 PM »
Yes, it's promoting and any interesting?

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 10:55:04 PM »
Still want to see a photo among your Blueberry farm  :grin:

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 01:29:38 AM »
Still want to see a photo among your Blueberry farm  :grin:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 06:19:50 PM »
It can be had cheaper on Wish.  https://dl.wish.com/4jHQ9

This is a stand alone weather station. It only reports to the web and cannot send data to a local pc (Cumulus/Weather Display/etc) or RasPi/weewx. While it is solar it doesn't charge the AAA batteries even if you use Lithiums. So you need to be able to reach it to change batteries. In very cold climates the batteries may have a short lifetime. The 330ft range according to reports is direct and is shorter due to walls/obstructions. One owner reported connection problems. The sensor suite appears to transmit on 433 mhz to the console and the console connects via WiFi to send data to web systems (WU/Weather Cloud only). There are no specs as to update intervals but there is another similar station that updates 30sec to 1 min. So forget about wind gusts. They also noticed rain reporting problems in windy conditions as well as the rain sensor being tripped by just wind. The square mount makes it difficult to mount on a round pole and being plastic it may not be durable. There is no support or even a company website but a poster on the Cumulus forum thinks this is a Fine Offset clone. However, everything they tried from them didn't work. So ignore the inflated Amazon stats or reviews this is cheap and for a few bucks more you can get a supported station instead of a cheap Chinese knockoff.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 06:35:23 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline UCWeatherstation

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 08:35:53 PM »
Are you trying to promote your products and saying mine is not good? You are very good at promotion too.

Our products are now in 30$ bucks prime discount and what do you have?

Don't do that and if you have time, please go somewhere and do the right things; we have excellent customer support and faith in our products.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 09:31:04 PM »
I think what people are saying is stop with the BS, don't make out as in the first post of this thread as if this is some sort of private review, something that you just discovered. This thread is nothing more than a blatant advertisement of what appears to be your own product and something you know way more about than you are letting on. Just be honest and up front with who you really are and what you are actually doing. 

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2022, 09:47:02 PM »
I am not promoting any product or using this forum to sell a product. When I read your post I decided to find out what made this so great. All I did is some research and pointed out everything that the Amazon ad failed to note. Amazon ads with their "reviews" have been known to be unreliable. I found other sites and forums where others had tried this station.You didn't post any stats so I thought I would fill in the blanks.You say "Our products" and "We have excellent customer support" yet you don't list an OEM or a company website. Don't list the Amazon link as support because they are not the OEM. Oh and not everyone has Prime so that discount doesn't matter. You're just ticked off because i found it on Wish at a cheaper price under a different company name. If you are going to use this forum as a store front you need to understand that someone is going to critique your products. You didn't even respond or counter the points I made which you should have if you knew the details and stats of your product (and I don't mean quoting from the Amazon page).

I managed to find some info on the mystery company. They have no OEM website or offer any support or replacement parts.

https://www.trademark.net/eu/018636917
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 09:58:55 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 12:00:16 AM »
I think what people are saying is stop with the BS, don't make out as in the first post of this thread as if this is some sort of private review, something that you just discovered. This thread is nothing more than a blatant advertisement of what appears to be your own product and something you know way more about than you are letting on. Just be honest and up front with who you really are and what you are actually doing. 

This 100%.
Honestly, you lost me as a customer just by that BS.

----

Offline UCWeatherstation

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 09:40:17 PM »
I am not promoting any product or using this forum to sell a product. When I read your post I decided to find out what made this so great. All I did is some research and pointed out everything that the Amazon ad failed to note. Amazon ads with their "reviews" have been known to be unreliable. I found other sites and forums where others had tried this station.You didn't post any stats so I thought I would fill in the blanks.You say "Our products" and "We have excellent customer support" yet you don't list an OEM or a company website. Don't list the Amazon link as support because they are not the OEM. Oh and not everyone has Prime so that discount doesn't matter. You're just ticked off because i found it on Wish at a cheaper price under a different company name. If you are going to use this forum as a store front you need to understand that someone is going to critique your products. You didn't even respond or counter the points I made which you should have if you knew the details and stats of your product (and I don't mean quoting from the Amazon page).

I managed to find some info on the mystery company. They have no OEM website or offer any support or replacement parts.

https://www.trademark.net/eu/018636917

Sorry that I have said something not so good, I don't mean that, and I thought you are the competitor just coming to promote your own items. As a fact that we are really is the OEM factory and our website is www.uctechnologyltd.com, we have our own store on Amazon and other suppliers sell our items too on the online store too.

I'ms so sorry everyone and wish you have a great day.

Offline UCWeatherstation

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 09:43:06 PM »

Sorry about that, we are really the OEM factory and we have online store on Amazon, this is real.

Offline UCWeatherstation

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2022, 09:44:45 PM »

This 100%.

Sorry, we don't mean to do something BS, and we are really an OEM Factory and we have an online shop store on Amazon.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2022, 10:27:40 PM »

This 100%.

Sorry, we don't mean to do something BS, and we are really an OEM Factory and we have an online shop store on Amazon.

Where is the factory located ? Where are the units assembled ?  As far as I can tell you are just a reseller NOT an OEM so you can drop the"WE" stuff until you prove otherwise. I was able to find on third site the exact same weather station under a different company name that is identical to the Chinese station you are selling. This isn't the first time you posted this station here. You did this about a year ago. One other thing you keep posting your advertisement under Weather Station Pictures. It should be in the sales area. Or is this a way of sneaking in your advertisement.

Since you have an Amazon store, and obviously get a percentage of sales, and are advertising,  you ARE paying the forum owner(s) to advertise your store here ? Right ? They shouldn't allow this. Scaled Instruments, Davis, Accurate, Weather Display and others don't. This is a discussion forum not a company sales site (personal sales only). Maybe the forum admins need to weigh in on this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 10:37:12 PM by Garth Bock »

anything