Weather Software > WeeWX Software

Davis Health information (transmission strength, etc.) extension for weewx

(1/3) > >>

uajqq:
I've been working on an extension for weewx that pulls in detailed health information on Davis sensors through the v2 API, since the new WeatherLink Live device doesn't publish the data locally. Let me know what you think:

https://github.com/uajqq/weewx-davishealthapi

(I'm pretty new at this, so please let me know about any bugs and I'll do my best to fix them!)

Some screenshots to illustrate:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Example using the Belchertown skin:

noctilucent:
Could this be updated to also talk to the Meteostick?  The driver for this reports some of this information, in particular the battery, supercap, and solar cell info which it'd be very useful to know, but the API is different.  Unfortunately I don't speak Python so I'm not sure how to get the data from the Meteostick driver into the davishealthapi code.

uajqq:
That might have to be a whole new driver; I don't have a MeteoStick so I wouldn't be able to test anything.

noctilucent:
I can run any tests you'd like if that helps, not sure what the easiest way to move forward on this would be but I'd be happy to give things a go.

noctilucent:
I've been poking around with this a bit, the default display just shows a battery status of "OK" or "Low", and this post seems to indicate that that's all it's capable of.  The WeatherLink Live driver also only reports the binary OK/Low information, how are you getting the additional information?  Is this something that you need newer ISS firmware for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version