Author Topic: serial to usb adapter  (Read 10012 times)

Offline aleutianman

Re: serial to usb adapter
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »
i have shut down the pws recalibrated to the nearest pws snyc the closks rebooted tried on two different comps?

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »
i have shut down the pws recalibrated to the nearest pws snyc the closks rebooted tried on two different comps?

If you cannot make it work on either computer, and you are certain that you are pointing to the correct serial ports, this would suggest a couple possibilities. Firstly, it could be something simple like the serial cable itself. We can track down the pinout from the PC serial connector to the RJ port if you have a continuity tester. The second possibility is that the console is somehow damaged and refuses to communicate. I do recall some setting in the WS-36xx about enabling the radio time... If that is not set correctly, the console will not communicate although cannot recall what it was... Did you change any setting in the console related to WWVB time?

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »

Here is the pinout for the DB-9 to RJ connection that runs between your PC and the console:

I just ran down the pinouts for the cable on the WS-3610. It is also
a 6 conductor (sorry, thought it was 4, I should have known better).

Holding the RJ connector, tab down, cord toward you, numbering left
to right (1-6):

RJ1) DB9 pin 5
RJ2) DB9 pin 3
RJ3) DB9 pin 4
RJ4) DB9 pin 7
RJ5) DB9 pin 6
RJ6) DB9 pin 8

Using a continuity checker (built in to most volt meters), verify that all of the pin to pin connections are good.

Offline aleutianman

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »
will look for my tester in the mean time the vvmb radio clock is on and the time is set for alaska. my pc and the pws have the exact same time.