Author Topic: emachines broke again!!!!  (Read 2260 times)

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
emachines broke again!!!!
« on: June 01, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »
yup my problematic emachines computer is   getting repaired again for a hard drive failure. =\ so now i am on my back up computer(which is actually better than the emachines)   so my back up puter is a custom computer. with a dual core processor a good video card(anyone know how i can tell what i have?)   but  one issue i have noticed and  REALLY! bugs me is when ever i scroll down on a page it seems to be really jumpy like its loading the page(it doesnt scroll the page down smoothly). it plays video just fine and use to be just fine but after a recent crash and having to reload xp on it its now doing this. any ideas what  this could be?(i was thinking video card drive needs updating??...) or could this  be  due to having 1 gb of ram??

JOsh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
Re: emachines broke again!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:17:33 PM »
Right click on your desktop and click on properties, then click on the the settings tab and then the advanced button. You should be able to see what you have for your video card there.

Chuck

Offline Albuquerque Weather

• Senior Contributor
    • Albuquerque Amateur Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »
When you have done that get the latest drivers and it should be fine.

Had similar problem and that fixed it.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
This is a good detective pgm.  No spyware.  http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
I know they are ...ahem cost effective....but I have given last rites to 5 eMachines in the past 8 months. 3 of them were motherboard failures, one had a p/s fail twice and 1 of them would BSOD if you looked at it crosseyed and I had replaced memory, p/s, drives, ran thermal tests and still got random BSOD. Hate to say it but my Dells just sit and run quietly. I got 2 GX620's (older models) off eBay for about $175 ea and they are just fine for the weather station.

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »
i got my custom puter up and running just need to get sound working on it again:P i think this is gunna be my main puter from now on.

thanks!!
Josh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
In the olden days....sonnnyy.....LOL...I did custom builds and still do if friends want to buy a piece at time and then have me build it. I am now at the stage where I would rather buy it ready to go. Guess I got lazy. I know the Dell line because it is the university standard and I kinda knew which model had the performance, value, and stability. So I got some good deals on eBay and all 3 GX620's and a Dell Mini 9 are running quietly. I Didn't feel that I needed dual core or anything like that to run the weather station. I wanted to save the extra bucks to put into a Boltek or a UV sensor or more software.

anything