Author Topic: Why do some WeatherUnderground reporting stations have a 10 day...............  (Read 780 times)

Offline Splitrail

...............forecast while most don't?
What's the criteria?
What makes the difference?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Sorry, I don't know the criteria but if I go to any one of my 3 WU stations and click on Forecast For xxxx the 10 day forecast tab shows i.e. Middlesex Centre, Canada Weather Conditions | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Splitrail

Sorry, I don't know the criteria but if I go to any one of my 3 WU stations and click on Forecast For xxxx the 10 day forecast tab shows i.e. Middlesex Centre, Canada Weather Conditions | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

Enjoy,
Paul

Odd.
This is what's displayed for my (and most) local stations very few stations local to me are displayed as yours is.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KAZPRESC771

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe

Enjoy,
Paul
Odd.
This is what's displayed for my (and most) local stations very few stations local to me are displayed as yours is.
It shows a 10 day forecast when i visit your link

Wim

Offline Splitrail

Enjoy,
Paul
Odd.
It shows a 10 day forecast when i visit your link

Wim

....very odd.
The link I sent you is the correct one to my station (KAZPRESC771).
The link redirected to a different station entirely (different altitude, coordinates, station number, etc).
THAT station is one of the few near me that have the 10 day forecast and other options, whereas mine only has the dashboard (summary).
Do you have a way to access my station number by my station number, instead of by the link?
Thanks!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather

From the Weatherunderground.com site if I enter KAZPREC771 in the search I get the station

Elev 1876 m, 34.49 °N, 112.44 °W
Splitrail @ Groom Creek - KAZPRESC771
info
FORECAST FOR PRESCOTT, AZ

And pressing FORECAST FOR PRESCOTT, AZ the 10 day forecast tab shows.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Splitrail

I don't get it, and I can't figure out how to get an image of what I have on my screen posted.
Very frustrating.
I think I also mentioned that the summary of most stations selected locally to me is all that's shown, except on a select few where the buttons for options such as 10 day, wundermap, calendar, history are there as well.
It's as though there are two different display formats, one as a summary only, and the other is a forecast page with a summary included.
My wunderground station as show to me are 6,158'............34.49...........112.44, and it's name is Splitrail @ Groom Creek
Same coordinates as your picture, but different name & altitude!
I can't understand why my link would default to that!

Offline Splitrail

From the Weatherunderground.com site if I enter KAZPREC771 in the search I get the station

Elev 1876 m, 34.49 °N, 112.44 °W
Splitrail @ Groom Creek - KAZPRESC771
info
FORECAST FOR PRESCOTT, AZ

And pressing FORECAST FOR PRESCOTT, AZ the 10 day forecast tab shows.

Enjoy,
Paul

Paul, did you enter KAZPREC771 (incorrect) or KAZPRECS771 (correct)?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Hi,
I typed it incorrect on my last forum reply but had it correct in the WU search.

It is a bit strange, as entering the KAZPRESC771 in the search shows the name as Splitrail @ Groom Creek
but if you then click on Splitrail @ Groom Creek - KAZPRESC771  - info  FORECAST FOR PRESCOTT, AZ then as you say it goes to Prescott, AZ as you can see on the attached and they both have a separate URL path.  So you are not able to get the FORECAST for the Splitrail @ Groom Creek station because it changes to a different station name with the same KAZPRESC771 station ID.
Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:52:41 PM by PaulMy »

Offline Splitrail

Thanks for verifying that, but the question still remains.................Why the difference?
Why do some stations have a forecast and some don't?
Anybody?

anything