Author Topic: Godaddy down since 4:45pm CST March 23, ongoing, widespread problem  (Read 13894 times)

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
Re: Godaddy down since 4:45pm CST
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
Still down for me this morning,

Paul
Looks like your site is finally back up this afternoon. Any word from Godaddy about the issue? I have opened a support ticket today. My uploads are still not working at all. I run WeatherDisplay, Cumulus, GR3 Radar and Weather Message. Nothing has successfully uploaded since Sunday afternoon. I have tried multiple pc reboots, and router/modem reboots and nothing seems to work.

I am getting an error when trying to start ftp uploads in GR3. The error message just says "error=12029".

I'm hoping this issue is resolved soon...or I will be saying goodbye to Godaddy.
-Drew Richards

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Godaddy down since 4:45pm CST March 23, ongoing, widespread problem
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 05:57:20 PM »
Came home a little while ago and my wife made the announcement, your weather station is back, working - I hope you are happier now!

Yes it finally came back on but no acknowledgement or reply yet from GoDaddy.  I hope to get the follow up survey questionnaire so I can reply about the service level.  All the reps were kind enough and trying to be helpful, and took a lot of time with me, but just frustrated that they just would agree that GoDaddy had the problem even with all the examples of others in a similar situation, and GoDaddy still trying to blame my ISP (I suspect the GoDaddy support staff were told by the smart folks upstairs what they could or could not say).  My ISP did follow up today but I was not at home so not aware what they may have found from their investigations.  Glad it is back up and no more email messages from AWEKAS, webcam.travel, etc. reminding me that there has been no updates since....  My wife even got calls from our snowbird friends down south asking when KomokaWeather webcam will be back online (I guess they need to justify their stay there and want to see the ground here still covered with snow).

@Drew, if you're not back up yet give them another call and also tell them about your frustration on lack of honest answer from them, and remind them there are alternatives.  It would be so much better if they acknowledged that there was a problem at their end, and that they are working to fix it rather than talking around it.

Paul

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »
Came home a little while ago and my wife made the announcement, your weather station is back, working - I hope you are happier now!

Yes it finally came back on but no acknowledgement or reply yet from GoDaddy.  I hope to get the follow up survey questionnaire so I can reply about the service level.  All the reps were kind enough and trying to be helpful, and took a lot of time with me, but just frustrated that they just would agree that GoDaddy had the problem even with all the examples of others in a similar situation, and GoDaddy still trying to blame my ISP (I suspect the GoDaddy support staff were told by the smart folks upstairs what they could or could not say).  My ISP did follow up today but I was not at home so not aware what they may have found from their investigations.  Glad it is back up and no more email messages from AWEKAS, webcam.travel, etc. reminding me that there has been no updates since....  My wife even got calls from our snowbird friends down south asking when KomokaWeather webcam will be back online (I guess they need to justify their stay there and want to see the ground here still covered with snow).

@Drew, if you're not back up yet give them another call and also tell them about your frustration on lack of honest answer from them, and remind them there are alternatives.  It would be so much better if they acknowledged that there was a problem at their end, and that they are working to fix it rather than talking around it.

Paul
I was at work earlier when I saw your site was back online. I am now at home, and can't get your site to load at all. I also cannot get my site to load at all from home, and it too was loading from work. I am curious now if this is a Godaddy issue or an issue with my Comcast ISP. I can turn wifi off on my cell phone, and access my site just fine...but when I reconnect to the wifi, it cannot load the page.

I am waiting on a response from Godaddy regarding the ticket I submitted earlier this afternoon. I assume they will blame it on my ISP since they will likely be able to get my site to load. I have multiple devices including a Network Camera that is unable to upload anything to my website. I find it very odd that so many folks had this happen at the same time Sunday afternoon.
-Drew Richards

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
I'm able to connect to both websites.  drew, your signature banner hasn't updated in a few days.  I noticed that mine needs refreshing most of the time.

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
My logs show that godaddy uploads for me where down from 3:00am till about 8:30am local time as well today.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:34 PM »
I've been with Ipower since 2003, occasional it gets bogged down but usually up within the hour. Recently my DNS pointer changed for no reason, but main issue I've had was they were caching my images and not admitting it was on the server side. Now they have a nifty tool for turning off the cache and it actually works (knock on wood). As far as tech support goes its a mixed bag depending on who you get.
Randy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
Still not working on my websites.  No TLAs as to not offend anyone...
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
Re: Godaddy down since 4:45pm CST
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 01:14:26 AM »
RMC, I firmly believe that what can be done to injure this country is being done.  :evil:  I never was a Clinton fan, but I've always respected him for being an intelligent man and being able to grasp the "big picture"....he's spot on with his thoughts on this.  And, mainstream media...actually reporting something newsworthy?...do you think their puppeteers would let them?  :roll:

Not so much his ability to grasp the big picture (no denying his sharpness) as it is his being up to date on past events:

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=15749.msg152217#msg152217

The link in the thread is dead but I had a quote from it a post or three later in the thread. These other governments have been pushing for this for a few years now, as the original article was explaining.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »
I'm using GoDaddy for both my weather site and for my personal site.

I just checked my VWS logs.  Only drop I've had in the past 2 weeks were due to my old router locking up.  But everything has been going to my sites just fine.

Not sure if I'm on a different segment of GoDaddy's system or what.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
I did get a reply back to my ticket, and certainly not what I expected.  If that was the case why wouldn't they have said that during my first support call.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Professional Hosting Support.

This IP address was automatically blocked due to a high number of failed FTP logins. We have removed the block from our systems. Please ensure that the correct username and passwords are being used to access the FTP accounts.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,
Jeanette M.
Professional Hosting Support

As we value your feedback about the service you received, please take a moment to complete the short survey linked at the bottom of this email.

Paul

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 11:25:31 AM »
Did you tell them 'thank you' for locking you out of *your* hosting account?  :???:

Could have they had some kind of cyber attack that caused them to go down?...seems they would mention it in defense of themselves, but maybe the attack was successful and they don't want anybody to know until they can put some touchup paint on the situation.  ...uh oh, there goes my conspiracy mind again....

Hope things continue to improve.
Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »

Bushman - are you still down? I see the link to your website is still unreachable.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
I'm still down this morning. My sites did come back up right at 8pm last night, and they successfully uploaded one time. Shortly after 8pm the uploads stopped once again.

All these sites were able to upload one time yesterday evening...but have been back offline since...
http://shoalsweather.net/wxindex.php
http://severe.shoalsweather.net/
http://shoalsweather.net/axiscam_1.jpg

I'm calling Godaddy now...Will update with results.
-Drew Richards

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »
I'm still down this morning. My sites did come back up right at 8pm last night, and they successfully uploaded one time. Shortly after 8pm the uploads stopped once again.

All these sites were able to upload one time yesterday evening...but have been back offline since...
http://shoalsweather.net/wxindex.php
http://severe.shoalsweather.net/
http://shoalsweather.net/axiscam_1.jpg

I'm calling Godaddy now...Will update with results.

Your site appears to be accessible but the last good data update shows as being around 15 hours ago.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
I did get a reply back to my ticket, and certainly not what I expected.  If that was the case why wouldn't they have said that during my first support call.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Professional Hosting Support.

This IP address was automatically blocked due to a high number of failed FTP logins.

Paul

No cause or nothing, just too many failed attempt?

Answer their survey they send after talking to customer service. Theres usually a discount coupon with it.
Tony

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »
Just got off the phone with Godaddy after speaking with support for one hour. They think it is something IP based on my site as well...possibly a blocking feature. Their advanced support team is looking into the issue and will email me with results this afternoon.

@W3DRM, my site does load for me as well...unless I am on my home network. I cannot load my site at all from home.
-Drew Richards

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »
Have you acquired a new DHCP-assigned IP address by rebooting your router with a new MAC address and your modem as well?
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »

Bushman - are you still down? I see the link to your website is still unreachable.
Nah... still not working.  I am more than a bit POed now.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
I have not heard back from Godaddy, but my site is finally back online. It is about time.
-Drew Richards

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »
What's the big attraction behind going with Godaddy as the right one?  Is it supposed to be cheaper and better than e-rice?

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
Danica?  :)

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »
What's the big attraction behind going with Godaddy as the right one?  Is it supposed to be cheaper and better than e-rice?

When I bought my domain back in 2005, there werent as many inexpensive choices.

And yeah, it was Pre-Danica too.
Tony

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2014, 11:52:40 PM »

Nah... still not working.  I am more than a bit POed now.

I would seriously consider finding another provider if I were you...

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
Interesting observation...

I have been having problems with Cumulus/Godaddy/IP having inconsistent intervals with my realtime.txt updates for my webpage.  I have the interval set at 15 seconds.  I turned on ftp logging this morning and will send that up to Steve later today but while I was tinkering I decided to time the updates noted on my Cumulus website.  I started out with a refresh of the screen.

Time...about 9:40am
Hit Refresh
updated again in (seconds)...
...then went past 180 seconds so I refreshed it again, but nothing happened, no updates.

It was dead.  I didn't know but what I might have witnessed a Godaddy meltdown.  I went to my webcams...livecam was working fine...still images (ftp) were updating.  I killed a few minute and roughly 6-7 minutes later I noticed realtime.txt had started back updating the website.  I then went back to my webcam's still images (ftp) and guess what?  :roll: still image updates had stopped.  :-|  But, going back now to the camera...it's back updating.

Remember something about my system...  My weather station is at my house using Centurtystink for my ISP and uploading via (slow) dsl.  BUT, my webcam is approximately 7 miles away using a local cable company for my ISP and uploading the webcam images via cable modem.  But, both instances of the webcam and website being hit by apparently (thankfully brief) ftp outages in tandem with each other couldn't hardly have been my system(s) causing these problems due to the systems being completely separated by seveal miles and completely different ISP providers and communication technology.  At least that's my ignorant, uneducated thinking...coming from the "Jethro skool of cifering".  ;)

Hmm, just looked back and the webcam hasn't updated in serveral minutes (set for a 25 second update interval) and the weather data just took 60 seconds to update....  :evil: :-x

...I hope we're not running into Round Two of "Godaddy Grief" when others haven't even managed to get their stations back up.  It would appear that Godaddy is having some serious trouble...a complete meltdown of Godaddy happening?

Ok, I just looked back now a few minutes later before posting....webcam and data are updating.   ](*,)

FWIW,
Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
http://support.godaddy.com/system-alerts/  hahahahahaha....  Not.  :(