General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Weather Conditions Discussion

Spring/Summer 2022

(1/12) > >>

Bunty:
Time to start another time of year weather thread:

For the Southern Plains, March 21 was great for raining much of the day on land in drought all winter long.  Much of Oklahoma got 1 to 2+ in. of rain.

DRoberts:
After one of the driest November thru 20 March periods on record for many reporting stations in NWS Hastings, NE, a lot of ranchers and farmers are hoping the spring will bring change. My CoCoRaHS station reported 1.4" in the snow/rain we had Tuesday night,  but many places north in Nebraska had little. "Abnormally Dry" for my location as of 24 March.

Notsorusty:
A little bit of a u-turn this week. 74° earlier this week, some rain and it is now snowing and temps down to 30°.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

CW2274:
Tuesday
Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 8am. High near 64. West wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

That's a number not floated around here very often. I guess that means even I might see a 0.01". Maybe I'll get lucky and see a quarter, which is a whopping 50% of what I've gotten so far this year as is.  :-({|=

DRoberts:
That Low is tracking right over us. Pressure is 29.15" now and still falling.  Max wind gust today 47 mph...so far.

On a more humorous note, the wind blew the David VP2 rain cone off (second time in last 4 months) and it was rolling around on the side of the driveway. The cat could not figure out what that dark shape was, but it was obviously up to no good and not to be trusted. His tail was huge and he was eye-balling that thing real good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version