Miscellaneous Debris > Tech Corner

What if you use if you have home automation?

(1/3) > >>

Fox_Of_The_Wind:
I have a few wifi plugs now. Just wondering what other people use for home automation.

davidmc36:
Alexa. Has lots of integrations with devices.

Some DIY solutions may have specific abilities but I want my Automation to be "Automatic"

Garth Bock:
I have a Lenovo 10 with Google, a Google Nest mini, and an Insignia speaker with Google in various rooms. I use Gosund wireless plugs to control lights. Due to my underperforming DSL (at times) from CenturyLink there can be a slight lag in performing commands. I have tried smart light bulbs and led strips but don't really use them much. I do like the linked speakers where I can ask for music to play in all rooms. The only real dislike I have is that with every device comes an app that has to have an account and then you have to link that account to Google.

miraculon:
I use Hubitat with a variety of sensors and switches. I previously used a Smartthings hub, but when they dropped support, I went with Hubitat. I didn't like the "cloud dependency" of Smartthings.

I have Alexa integration with the Hubitat.

My mini-split HVAC units have Cielo interfaces for automation.

Greg H.

Jumpin Joe:

--- Quote from: miraculon on March 13, 2022, 08:22:31 AM ---I use Hubitat with a variety of sensors and switches. I previously used a Smartthings hub, but when they dropped support, I went with Hubitat. I didn't like the "cloud dependency" of Smartthings.

I have Alexa integration with the Hubitat.

My mini-split HVAC units have Cielo interfaces for automation.

Greg H.

--- End quote ---

Hi Greg, I have a SmartThings hub…. Can I convert to Hubitat using my current devices, receptacles, bulbs without jumping through hoops?

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version