Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Acurite Atlas Elite

(1/16) > >>

ctccbc:
Back in 2017, when Acurite was announcing the release of the Atlas 7/8, they also included the Atlas Elite. Now that the Atlas 7/8 has been released, I have seen absolutely no mention of the Elite anymore. Is it now off the boards?

nincehelser:

--- Quote from: ctccbc on February 09, 2019, 11:42:52 PM ---Back in 2017, when Acurite was announcing the release of the Atlas 7/8, they also included the Atlas Elite. Now that the Atlas 7/8 has been released, I have seen absolutely no mention of the Elite anymore. Is it now off the boards?

--- End quote ---

Nope.

DoctorKnow:
Can you elaborate? Maybe Victoria has more?

The only thing that could be improved on that would be really beneficial to me is a faster wind and direction update. Also using a display to connect to either a PC or wireless Wifi console with uploading options besides a declining Wunderground.

Everything else Atlas is great as long as it's working. The UV may be a little low at times, but I am no expert there. Some other brands tend to seem on the high side.

Victoria:
I'm really not at liberty to discuss specifics on the direction of our product roadmap, nor could I give any timeline. But when I do have information I can share, I will certainly be happy to talk about it here.

WXman:
I realize Victoria is simply doing her job.  Totally understand that.  It's not her fault at all.

But...

Why is the Atlas Elite such a top secret?  Are they afraid that some other company is going to steal a trade secret?  Rush something to market before Acurite gets a chance to?  Newsflash:  other companies already offer stations that do everything the Elite will do.  They have for years.  This isn't going to bring anything new to the market, only to the brand.

I just don't understand what could be the harm in telling consumers, "We're launching the Elite in summer 2019," for example.  If anything, it would only increase sales because many folks would then hold off on other purchases to get the Elite they've been waiting for instead.  But by NOT giving any information, many people have said screw it and they've bought other weather stations instead.

:roll:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version