Author Topic: Acurite Atlas Elite  (Read 15269 times)

Offline smac

Re: Acurite Atlas Elite
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2022, 10:47:45 AM »
Sounds like they finally cancelled it.  This is from the Acurite Blog on their website.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2022, 10:56:35 AM »
Unfortunate but thanks for sharing this information. Maybe this is why a Davis VP3 hasn’t been released—the pws market is small and saturated so need to improve.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline karss

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2022, 06:34:15 AM »
The AWS market is now crowded with so many Chinese instruments that are cheaper than the ones from established players. If their build quality is good, then they will give a tough competition to the likes of Davis, Acurite, Ambient, La Crosse, etc. I think Davis will suffer the most, since it is the most expensive of the lot and you need the outdoor sensor, display unit and a data logger to transmit data to outside servers or the weather link system which seems transmit data to other servers at 15 minutes interval (the free version).

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2022, 10:46:22 AM »
I thought the Ambient were Chinese? I really like the Osprey style so far. The app is a little complicated, but does what I want.

anything