Author Topic: Problems not being " Solved " .  (Read 637 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Problems not being " Solved " .
« on: March 04, 2020, 12:14:50 PM »
So out of the blue last week I get a E-Mail from the Primex Family of Companies Support asking me how I like there support ( for Acurite ) and was I happy . So come to find out they closed or Solved one of my issues that hasn't been Solved . This is the one with the UV sensors reading low . I contacted them on twitter messenger and they told me that was a mistake and was told  " it appears our system may have automatically solved your case" and that they would re open it and I logged on to there support page and it showed open .

Well today I got another E-Mail from the Primex Family of Companies Support once again asking me how I liked there support and they closed the support ticket / issue without solving it !!

So just to let everyone know if you have a open support ticket / issue  and you get a E-Mail  from the Primex Family of Companies Support that probably means they have closed your support ticket / issue and if it wasn't fixed  you should contact Acurite to let them know .

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
Re: Problems not being " Solved " .
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 07:51:16 PM »
From my experience, there seems to be great pressure at many companies to close out support tickets. Must be a business metric that they measure...

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline kevint1

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 04:03:42 PM »
There certainly is a lot of pressure on support staff to close tickets quickly. In my experience working in IT I would see tickets I opened being closed successfully after one phone call when indeed the issue had not been resolved at all. I would call back and another ticket would be opened. It makes the support metrics look good to management. See how many tickets we worked today and how many we closed on the first call?  But then the person calling to get their issue resolved needs to start from square one again.
WS-2902A | @ WU: KMILOWEL26 | @ PWSweather: KMILOWEL26

Offline CKayaks

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 06:37:06 PM »
From my experience, there seems to be great pressure at many companies to close out support tickets. Must be a business metric that they measure...

Rich K.
Yup. Like what kevint1 calls out. (20+ years in IT here; back-end apps and global system implementations mostly.) If the support is outsourced (e.g. to one of the India call centers) the odds are doubly so.
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Ecowitt 3501 | Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge/WeatherBridge
AmbientWeather.net
PWSweather: KMTSTEVE24
https://casskalinski.slickpic.com

anything