Author Topic: Both WFL and WFL2 Suddenly Offline at same time  (Read 700 times)

Offline BigAlT

Both WFL and WFL2 Suddenly Offline at same time
« on: February 07, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »
Last night both my WFL amd WFL 2 ( both installed in Vantage Vue Consoles ) suddenly went offline at the same time. I’ve rebooted them both numerous times both by removing power and using the reset button but they do not communicate. Their LEDs show thei’re connected to my router and my Fing network shows they’re in range but they do not actually connect to the network and I cannot ping them. I’ve also rebooted my router but that didn’t solve the issue either.
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline BigAlT

Re: Both WFL and WFL2 Suddenly Offline at same time
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 01:34:57 PM »
Both the WFL and WFL2 suddenly went online again. Not sure what caused the issue, whether a local network issue or something outside ?.
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Re: Both WFL and WFL2 Suddenly Offline at same time
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:41:15 AM »
Last night both my WFL amd WFL 2 ( both installed in Vantage Vue Consoles ) suddenly went offline at the same time. I’ve rebooted them both numerous times both by removing power and using the reset button but they do not communicate. Their LEDs show thei’re connected to my router and my Fing network shows they’re in range but they do not actually connect to the network and I cannot ping them. I’ve also rebooted my router but that didn’t solve the issue either.

If WiFiLogger rebooting is not working, then you should reboot the router. After router start, you could reboot WiFiLogger, to make fresh connection.

anything