Author Topic: Cumulus and VWS  (Read 1648 times)

Offline wxnut99

Cumulus and VWS
« on: October 21, 2016, 11:29:23 AM »
Greetings..

I'm a long time VWS user to provide data and graphics for my Davis VP2 PWS webpage. I recently installed Cumulus as I like its enhanced data/stats functionality. However, I get an error if I try to run the Cumulus software while my VWS program is active. I guess they can't run at the same time as they're both accessing the Davis datalogger (serial port connection).  I like aspects of both software programs and would like to have both running if possible. Does anyone know if there's a way to run both programs at the same time?  Appreciate any info..

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Cumulus and VWS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:52:25 AM »
You can't run more than 1 program at a time from the same console connection, except that is what VVP http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html was designed to do and many are still using it.  You may want to do a search here and read some of the issues that this program has had with more recent hardware and Windows version.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline wxnut99

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »
Thanks Paul.. appreciate the info. Looks like that VirtualVP is the way to go. Hopefully it works on a Windows XP OS (old machine running my wx station)

By the way, blown away with your website.. taking PWS to another level!   =D>

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 03:05:25 PM »
Its old software so should.
Randy

anything