Author Topic: Hot melt glue  (Read 964 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline G.Brown

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
Hot melt glue
« on: January 25, 2022, 10:18:46 AM »
Hi - I've noticed manufacturers use what looks like hot melt glue to hold and insulate components and am wondering if it is a specific type of glue?

Offline miraculon

  • Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • *****
  • Posts: 4052
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Hot melt glue
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 08:53:25 AM »
If you are referring to electronic components on a PCB, this Dymax UV cured adhesive could have been used.

Typically, tall electrolytic capacitors are held by something like this to prevent failure during vibration. (especially automotive)

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF