Author Topic: Updated with real time wind  (Read 1248 times)

Offline marshad

Updated with real time wind
« on: March 26, 2023, 08:18:48 AM »
Real time wind data now incorporated graphically using Highcharts. The arrowhead is wind, arrowshaft is gust.

If there is no wind reverts to windrose.

http://moonappreciationsociety.com/Meteo/VillarPerosa/index.php

Happy to share the Highcharts code if anyone is interested.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Updated with real time wind
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 09:00:57 AM »
When I went to your website I got a warning that it was not a secure site and I had to accept the risk..... This might drive people away. True you don't need ssl to display data but these days just seeing a security warning makes some hesitate. A local contractor friend of mine got screwed by an amateur web company. First his pages were poorly designed (butt ugly) but mainly his new customers were bothered by the security warning. The web designer (I wouldn't call him that) wanted $200 more to set up SSL. I told him he needed to get with a real web company. Just something to think about and my . 017 cents (adjusted for inflation).

Offline marshad

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 09:40:21 AM »
When I went to your website I got a warning that it was not a secure site and I had to accept the risk..... This might drive people away. True you don't need ssl to display data but these days just seeing a security warning makes some hesitate. A local contractor friend of mine got screwed by an amateur web company. First his pages were poorly designed (butt ugly) but mainly his new customers were bothered by the security warning. The web designer (I wouldn't call him that) wanted $200 more to set up SSL. I told him he needed to get with a real web company. Just something to think about and my . 017 cents (adjusted for inflation).

Thanks. Good advice. Any guidance on setting up SSL on self managed cloud server?

Offline marshad

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 11:19:52 AM »

Thanks. Good advice. Any guidance on setting up SSL on self managed cloud server?

ok now https - still getting a warning?

https://moonappreciationsociety.com/Meteo/VillarPerosa/index.php

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 12:37:52 PM »
Looks great ! No warnings. I had to use a different computer rather than the tablet. When you accept the risk one time, browsers will bypass that ever after. Glad you got that. One thing about a non-secure site, if it gets hacked or a virus implanted the viewer can be open for an attack. Just gotta be careful these days. Love your site !

Offline marshad

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 02:42:46 PM »
Looks great ! No warnings. I had to use a different computer rather than the tablet. When you accept the risk one time, browsers will bypass that ever after. Glad you got that. One thing about a non-secure site, if it gets hacked or a virus implanted the viewer can be open for an attack. Just gotta be careful these days. Love your site !

Thanks. Knew I had to do it. You provided the push  [tup]

anything