Author Topic: Wireless long-range thermometer  (Read 736 times)

Offline shimon

Wireless long-range thermometer
« on: September 05, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »
Been using a La Crosse WS-9640U for the past 12 years to read the temperature in my pump house but it just died.  Was going to buy another but it's discontinued.  I liked it only because it has the range/power to get a signal from the pump house (about 150') to my house (aluminum siding).  It operates at 915 MHz which is why it has good range compared to other units.

Anyway, I was looking at the Ambient WS-08 but am concerned about the range (it's 433 MHz).

I would rather spend my money once and end up with something with good range/penetrating power.  I only need temperature but will pay for other features if it's got he power.  Only need a base unit with display; don't need it to connect to the Internet.  And I don't need a full blown weather station as I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 unit for general outdoor use so I'm a little familiar with weather stations, but don't know which thermometer would be best for my needs.  Thanks.

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
Re: Wireless long-range thermometer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
Since you already have a VP2, a simple solution would be to add a remote temperature probe like a Davis 6372

Offline shimon

Re: Wireless long-range thermometer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »
Since you already have a VP2, a simple solution would be to add a remote temperature probe like a Davis 6372

Didn't know this existed.  Thanks.  Perfect solution.

anything