Author Topic: Rain problem with vantage pro 2  (Read 981 times)

Offline oleweatherfan

• Forecaster
    • bsudweather
Rain problem with vantage pro 2
« on: July 18, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
Need help with Rain problem on pro 2. Ive noticed my console has stopped receiving rain data! It is stuck on 0.03" since midnight which we had a heavy shower over night, but its been pretty heavy rain all day long and its not budging off that .03" and we've had at least .5" or more. I haven't ever noticed til now thats its stopped receiving it. Everything else is updating fine. So what could be the problem? Also don't think the cone is clogged because its not around any trees or anything. Any help as to what to do would be appreciated!
<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KSCLIBER3&freq=3.0&units=english&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KSCLIBER3&freq=3.0&units=english&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
Re: Rain problem with vantage pro 2
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
Need help with Rain problem on pro 2. Ive noticed my console has stopped receiving rain data! It is stuck on 0.03" since midnight which we had a heavy shower over night, but its been pretty heavy rain all day long and its not budging off that .03" and we've had at least .5" or more. I haven't ever noticed til now thats its stopped receiving it. Everything else is updating fine. So what could be the problem? Also don't think the cone is clogged because its not around any trees or anything. Any help as to what to do would be appreciated!

Doesn't matter if it's around trees or not.  You need to check that first.  Could be birds have done their business in the 'cone' and have stopped up the hole.  Mine is nowhere near trees either and it's happened to me as well.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline oleweatherfan

• Forecaster
    • bsudweather
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »

Doesn't matter if it's around trees or not.  You need to check that first.  Could be birds have done their business in the 'cone' and have stopped up the hole.  Mine is nowhere near trees either and it's happened to me as well.

Ok i will check that when rain lets up a little.
<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KSCLIBER3&freq=3.0&units=english&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KSCLIBER3&freq=3.0&units=english&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

Offline oleweatherfan

• Forecaster
    • bsudweather
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 03:18:24 PM »

well well I guess that was the problem! I got up there and sure nuff there was rain standing and bird poop had the hole stopped up! Now its cleaned out and good to go. Thanks for the help!

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »

well well I guess that was the problem! I got up there and sure nuff there was rain standing and bird poop had the hole stopped up! Now its cleaned out and good to go. Thanks for the help!
Amazing what those little birds can do. I check my rain bucket once a week typically.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline CSB

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
This works for me. I have since cut the bamboo spikes back to 3" in length.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 09:05:29 PM »
I have employed more drastic measures. :-)

anything