Author Topic: New WWL to WD  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
New WWL to WD
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:17:10 AM »
Hi, just bought WLL to replace my Envoy.
I have WLL setup and working with WL site and the app.

I am trying to link it direct to WD using the IP address, http://192.168.1.202 and i tick the check box
that says enabled, i pull out the Envoy USB and nothing happens, i click the auto detect in case i have to
and still nothing happens, am i missing something?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:12:47 PM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: New WWL to WD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:58:46 AM »
Hi, just bought WWL to replace my Envoy.
I have WWL setup and working with WL site and the app.

I am trying to link it direct to WD using the IP address, http://192.168.1.202 and i tick the check box
that says enabled, i pull out the Envoy USB and nothing happens, i click the auto detect in case i have to
and still nothing happens, am i missing something?
Hi Bashy,

Check here: https://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php
At the bottom => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l69Qj3y_4WY&ab_channel=BrianHamilton

Also the device is called WLL  from WeatherLinkLive.  Makes using google search easier.

Succes,
Wim

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:12:20 PM »
Ah, that was a poor typo on my part, thanks, I will rectify it if editing is still available

OK, with regards to the tut video, that's exactly what I tried amongst manually adding the IP as well.

I think my problem lays with having an existing Davis setup, i.e the Davis type already has a check in the box (dot)
I cant see a way to remove that, clicking the Auto Detect button does nothing, please see the video below

https://youtu.be/a4FICEskf04
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:18:33 PM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: New WLL to WD
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 02:15:23 PM »
Ah, that was a poor typo on my part, thanks, I will rectify it if editing is still available

OK, with regards to the tut video, that's exactly what I tried amongst manually adding the IP as well.

I think my problem lays with having an existing Davis setup, i.e the Davis type already has a check in the box (dot)
I cant see a way to remove that, clicking the Auto Detect button does nothing, please see the video below

https://youtu.be/a4FICEskf04

I assume also that you have to tell WD to stop using your USB connected Davis console before telling to get the data from the WLL.

But I am not that familiar with WeatherDisplay how to do that.
Maybe better ask this on the https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php forum?

Succes,
Wim

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 03:23:33 PM »
Yeah, thats what I can't work out, I can't use the other forum due to being banned...
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 05:42:13 PM »
there is an auto detect function in WD
have you tried that?
then click on enable
and then the crondaviswll.exe should run and start getting data
then click on save/close
then restart WD

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 10:23:23 PM »
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply, the auto detect doesn't do anything for me, the popup that shows in your video, nothing also there is nothing happening in that small info window either like it does in your video. I made a video here to show whats not happening

I am using 10.37S B130.

I have been having issues ever since my baro in the Envoy gave in, i.e, If i want to adjust any mainscreen items, when i goto Settings/Advanced-Misc/Mainscreen etc to enable customise, as soon as i do that, some images on the mainscreen change in size (back to default sizes) and no matter what i try, i cannot resize them. I have to restore registry to get it back, it just happened again when I was making sure I was writing down the correct names of each stage...

I think it stems from restarting WD so many times when trying to troubleshoot the baro issue that a conflict has gotten in there.

Something also happened yesterday too when I was trying to troubleshoot this WLL setup issue, restarting WD a few times as i tried to see if unplugging the WL USB would help, then reboot WD, then see if WLL would auto detect, on one of the WD restarts, the mainscreen background colour went black (assume to default), and i had to use a backup file to restore that.

I can do a video of the above issues if required, well, not the black background cause I'm not sure how to produce that one, but the mainscreen one i can do.

EDIT: keeping reading please and see how I got it working...

This is the error, I see in the WLL cron when i click on auto detect, now that I've manually started the program

ERROR: Access violation at address 00000000 in module 'crondaviswll.exe'. Read of address 00000000 at time/date 08:30:22 16/09/2021

WD wont start the WLL cron
manually ran the cron, opened the cron window, clicking auto detect in cron still doesn't do anything
manually adding the IP in the cron window and clicking test does work ok
I then clicked enabled. saved, closed WD, the cron didn't close automatically.
I kept that cron open, ran wd, the cron was working, ie something was happening
I then closed WD, this time the cron closed, so opened WD again and the cron opened ok
So I closed WD again, unplugged the WL USB, opened WD, the cron auto opened and showed it working,
closed that and WD is now grabbing data ok from WLL.

Weirdly though...
Soil moisture hasn't worked in about 2 years or more, its always been at 200, its now at 187.2 and dropping so not sure whats going on there.
The Leaf wetness is at 0.1, never seen that before, its always been 0 to 15, no decimal place

I still see that access violation error when I click auto detect, yeah, I know, no reason to click it anymore
but just thought you'd want to know
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:34:30 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 09:33:01 PM »
there is an auto detect function in WD
have you tried that?
then click on enable
and then the crondaviswll.exe should run and start getting data
then click on save/close
then restart WD

Further to my last reply, now that I have WLL running in WD, I am mostly concerned with WD and the advanced menu that messes up 2 mainscreen images and the leaf wetness sensor that's showing 0.1 when dry, it didn't do that with the Envoy it was just 0 when dry, I have created a crude video to show both issues, hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woaw9HPwNPs

EDIT: It looks like when using WLL, the leaf wetness is to the decimal, ie 5.6 is there a way that WD can round it off like it does when the Envoy is connected, please, as it looks odd where the leaf wetness is showing 0.1 even when its dry.

Also it messes up the leaf wetness graph (renamed Rain Duration), once it dries up and the graph drops back to down to dry it climbs  right back up to 917.7, not sure why its that high as its only meant to go to 15 but it climbing back up like a rocket and staying there till it rains again
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 04:37:47 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy