Author Topic: No Amplifier Connected!  (Read 2351 times)

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
No Amplifier Connected!
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:44:33 AM »
Getting back to getting things back in order, my Blitz RED is saying that I have no Amplifier Connected.
I cant figure out for the life of me why.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: No Amplifier Connected!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:40:38 PM »
Getting back to getting things back in order, my Blitz RED is saying that I have no Amplifier Connected.

Do you have the LEDs on the amp board lit? (which amp, magnetic field I assume?)

If not, can you disconnect the RJ45 and power the amp board via the mini USB connector?

Is your Ethernet cable connecting the amp and main board good? Connectors clean and seated well?

Try this found in the manual:

4.2.1.6 First hardware check
During normal operation, the controller powers the amplifier through the Ethernet cable. But for the
first hardware check, you should not connect the controller but connect the USB jack on the amplifier.
After connecting a 5V USB power supply, the red power indicator LED should glow and the four
yellow LEDs of the gain index should start flashing four times. The green LED should be off. A few
seconds later the four yellow LEDs should display the adjusted gain. If the potentiometer is turned
then the new gain value should be displayed, see also Table 2.
The green LED is only on if the amplifier is controlled by the controller board. In this case the
yellow LEDs have no meaning. A manual gain adjustment is not possible if the gain is controlled by
the controller.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 03:00:37 PM »

Do you have the LEDs on the amp board lit? (which amp, magnetic field I assume?)

If not, can you disconnect the RJ45 and power the amp board via the mini USB connector?

Is your Ethernet cable connecting the amp and main board good? Connectors clean and seated well?

Try this found in the manual:

4.2.1.6 First hardware check
During normal operation, the controller powers the amplifier through the Ethernet cable. But for the
first hardware check, you should not connect the controller but connect the USB jack on the amplifier.
After connecting a 5V USB power supply, the red power indicator LED should glow and the four
yellow LEDs of the gain index should start flashing four times. The green LED should be off. A few
seconds later the four yellow LEDs should display the adjusted gain. If the potentiometer is turned
then the new gain value should be displayed, see also Table 2.
The green LED is only on if the amplifier is controlled by the controller board. In this case the
yellow LEDs have no meaning. A manual gain adjustment is not possible if the gain is controlled by
the controller.

Greg H.

Is a ferrite rod but there seems to be really something wrong with it, today I am going to install my magnetic h field antenna, I had it but never installed it as I got sick around the time I got it.
Time for a change.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 05:46:16 PM »
We are rock and rolling. How can I re-activate my station in lightningmaps.? Thanks!

Edit: Station 1142 is back online.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 05:57:47 PM by txweather.org »

----

anything